iDEA Growth in the News:
- Twitter, 2.1.21 – House Of Cards Radio
- iDEA Growth founder and gaming attorney Jeff Ifrah spoke live on ESPN Radio about the recent Wire Act Decision.
iDEA Growth Member News
- Bloomberg, 2.2.21 – There’s A Plan To Bring Sports Gambling To The Futures Market (Jeff Ifrah featured)
- Proponents of a new proposal before the CFTC say they’ve found a way for legal sportsbooks to manage their risk.
- The New York Times, 2.2.21 – As Sports Gambling Grows, So Do Appetite-Whetting Sure Bets (DraftKings, FanDuel, Fox Bet)
- Less than three years after the Supreme Court struck down a federal law that prohibited sports gambling in most states, betting on games is legal and underway in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
- MI Bets, 2.1.21 – Former State Rep. Iden Thrilled With MI Online Gambling Launch, On To New Job At Sportradar
- “Bittersweet” might be a bit strong, but for former Michigan state Rep. Brandt Iden, the last few weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster.
- The Action Network, 2.1.21 – Where Sports Betting Bills In 8 Key States Stand After First Month Of 2021
- More than 20 states have already introduced sports betting bills in their respective 2021 legislative sessions and more are set to follow in the weeks to come.
Overall Industry News:
- Associated Press, 2.2.21 – Virus May Reduce Total Super Bowl Bets, But Online To Surge
- Here’s one more thing the coronavirus pandemic has ruined for at least some people: betting on the Super Bowl.
- ESPN, 2.1.21 – Survey: Super Bowl Betting Expected To Decrease About 37% Due To Coronavirus Pandemic
- An estimated 23.2 million Americans plan to bet on Super Bowl LV, combining to risk potentially $4.3 billion — an expected decrease of approximately 37% from last year, according to research by the American Gaming Association released Tuesday.
- The Action Network, 2.1.21 – Super Bowl Betting Sees 15% Increase In Popularity According To Poll
- A recent poll of 1,522 adults revealed an increase of 15% for people who will wager on the Super Bowl compared to results from 2019.
- NJ Online Gambling, 2.1.21 – New Jersey ‘Moving Closer’ To Following Nevada Compulsive Gambling Treatment Lead
- So-called “drug courts” — a specific legal pathway for nonviolent lawbreakers to receive more treatment than punishment — have existed in New Jersey for more than 20 years. But what about a gambling version of such a court?
- PlayWV, 2.1.21 – West Virginia Sportsbooks Accepted Over $53 Million In Handle This December
- It was another successful month of sports betting in the Mountain State in December. West Virginia sportsbooks took in more than $53 million in bets, up about $5 million from the previous month.
- PlayMichigan, 2.1.21 – PlayUSA Projection: $20 Million Will Be Bet On The Super Bowl In Michigan
- The biggest game of the American sports betting calendar will draw $20 million in wagers this weekend in Michigan, according to PlayUSA.
- Sports Handle, 2.1.21 – Illinois Sets Sports Betting Handle Record At $449.2M For November
- The Illinois Gaming Board released its full sports betting figures for the month of November on Monday, and the Land of Lincoln set a new standard for the sixth month running with a traditional handle of $449.2 million.
- Associated Press, 2.1.21 – Nebraska Lawmakers Dig Into Details Of Legalized Casinos
- Now that voters have legalized casino gambling in Nebraska, state lawmakers are trying to figure out how to regulate the industry and use some of the revenue it generates.
- Omaha World-Herald, 2.1.21 – Committee Hears Plans To Tap Casino Revenue, Allow Statewide Sports Betting In Nebraska
- Barely three months after voters approved casino gambling in Nebraska, state lawmakers on Monday considered bids to tap the future revenue and to expand gambling further.
- Arizona Daily Star, 2.2.21 – Here Are All The Details Of Arizona Gov’s Plan To Vastly Expand Legal Gambling
- Republican Gov. Doug Ducey is asking GOP-controlled Legislature to OK much more legal gaming, off and on reservations.