iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 2.1.22: FanDuel Partners Chicago’s United Center To Launch New Retail Sportsbook
- Flutter Entertainment-owned FanDuel Group has announced plans to open a new retail sportsbook at the United Center, the home of National Basketball Association team the Chicago Bulls and National Hockey League franchise the Chicago Blackhawks.
- SBC, 2.2.22: DraftKings Bolsters Media And Content Team With Two Additions
- DraftKings Inc has added two new members to its media team, hiring Stacie McCollum as Head of Programming, and Todd Dubester as Vice President, Media Strategy and Business Operations.
- Play VA, 2.1.22: Virginia Sports Bettors Tally $3.2B In Wagers In First Year Of Legal Betting
- Virginia sportsbooks closed a remarkable first year of sports betting with more than $31.5 million in gross revenue on more than $425 million in wagers in December 2021.
- Sports Handle, 2.1.22: Virginia Clears $3 Billion Handle In First Year Of Sports Wagering
- The Virginia Lottery completed its first full year of sports wagering by surpassing $3 billion in handle, according to figures released Tuesday for the month of December.
- Play NY, 2.1.22: Addabbo: NY Online Sports Betting Primed To Make History Super Bowl Sunday
- Can New York break another record during the Super Bowl?
- Sports Handle, 2.1.22: Sports Wagering In Louisiana Gets Off To Strong Start
- In a well-timed coincidence, online sports gambling launched in Louisiana before a weekend in which a former LSU quarterback and a former LSU receiver happened to be competing to make it to their first Super Bowl together.
- Dakota News Now, 2.1.22: Legislative Committee Advances Proposal To Get Online Sports Betting On South Dakota Ballot
- A legislative panel has narrowly advanced a bill that would put the fate of online sports betting in the hands of South Dakota voters.
- IGB, 2.1.22: Colorado Sports Wagers Surpass $5.0bn Since Legalization
- Players in Colorado spent more than $5.0bn betting on sports during the first 21 months of legal wagering in the state, while new figures reveal year-on-year growth in revenue and handle for the month of December.
- SBC, 2.1.22: Colorado Sportsbooks See Nearly $4bn In 2021 Wagers
- Colorado sportsbooks earned $250m in revenue on nearly $4bn in wagers in 2021, making it the sixth-largest US state in terms of annual betting volume, according to PlayColorado, which tracks the state’s regulated sports betting market.