- SBC Americas: Launch Of Boyd Interactive Coming As Aoon As Q1 Of This Year
- During its Q4 earnings call, Boyd Gaming said it would be spinning out its interactive assets into its own division as soon as Q1 of this year. This includes the newly acquired Pala Interactive, the tax pass-through from FanDuel, and its interactive revenue share deals.
- MiTechNews: The Impact That Big Data Has On Casino Gaming
- Today there is a data revolution going on in modern industry and society. One often hears about digital transformation. Every day people collect a huge amount of data counted in quintillion bytes. Each of them contains useful and important information about a person’s life. Thanks to them you can find out how a person lives, works, and plays. They help predict disaster, success, fate, and luck.
- Sports Handle: Arizona Sends U.S. Sports Wagering Handle Over $10 Billion For November
- The Arizona Department of Gaming reported sports wagering handle of $616.9 million for the month of November, creating the first $10 billion monthly nationwide handle of the post-PASPA era. The total, which landed at $10.016 billion in wagers accepted spanning 26 states and Washington, D.C., topped the previous record of $9.84 billion established in January 2022.
- PlayGeorgia: New Georgia Sports Betting Bill Introduced In State Senate
- Georgia sports betting may finally be on the horizon. A group of 11 Georgia state senators have introduced a bill that would bring sports betting to the Peach State. The construction of the bill means that Georgia sports betting could be put into law without a ballot initiative.
- PlayIndiana: Government Forecast Raises Revenue 32% To $812 Million For Indiana Online Casinos
- A new financial impact statement is increasing the state’s expectations for the future of online casinos in Indiana. Indiana online casinos aren’t legal yet, but a bill in the state’s House of Representatives is planning to change that. The predictions from this new financial report are based on the current version of that bill.
- State House News Service: Regulators Declare “Successful” Sports Betting Launch In Massachusetts
- There were no hiccups or problems in the first 48 hours of in-person sports wagering in Massachusetts and the newly legal activity was humming along according to plan, the executive director of the Gaming Commission said Thursday.
- Legal Sports Report: House Missouri Sports Betting Bill Gets Hearing, Senate Challenge Looms
- At least one Missouri sports betting bill will begin its journey next week. The Missouri House Emerging Issues Committee will hear HB 556 on Thursday, Feb. 9. The bill is Rep. Dan Houx’s newest effort for MO sports betting after his legislation cleared the House last year.
- PlayNY: Sen Addabbo: Not Legalizing NY Online Casinos Fails New Yorkers
- The legalization of New York online casinos wasn’t included in Gov. Kathy Hochul’s executive budget for fiscal year 2024, and Sen. Joe Addabbo isn’t happy about it. Making online casinos accessible to New Yorkers was a top priority for Addabbo in the state budget. He told Mike Mazzeo this isn’t the end of the push for online casinos in the Empire State, but the longer it’s prohibited, more money is fleeing to neighboring states and offshore gaming operators.
- WVTF: State Lawmakers Say Virginia Needs A Unified Approach To Gambling Regulation
- Recent years have seen an explosion of legal gambling options in Virginia. Lawmakers are now talking about creating a gambling commission to oversee the industry.