iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 2.6.20 – What Does PokerStars Winter Series Performance Tell Us About PA Online Poker Traction?
- PokerStars’ twin US Winter Series have now both wrapped up. So what can we learn from the expansion of online poker in the US?
- SBC Americas, 2.6.20 – AGA: Americans Wager $13B On Legal Sports Betting In 2019
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has published an update on sports betting figures during 2019, showing Nevada handle out in front at $5.3bn, followed by New Jersey with $4.6bn.
- WSN, 2.6.20 – Media Companies Fuel Sports Betting Rise In The United States
- Bank of America sent out a note to clients last week that projected that 50% of the United States will have access to legal sports betting by 2022.
- Sports Handle, 2.5.20 – ABC/ESPN To Include Betting Graphics And Commentary For XFL
- The on-field XFL product will have a few new wrinkles compared to the NFL, and so will its on-air broadcasts on ABC and ESPN, which will show betting graphics and allow commentary of betting lines during games in the league’s inaugural season, reports Front Office Sports.
- NBC, 2.5.20 – XFL Broadcasts To Incorporate Betting Lines
- After a locust-like hiatus, the XFL returns this weekend. And it’s fully embracing something that the NFL still regards in many ways as a plague.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 2.6.20 – Top European Executives Discuss Potential US Backlash, Future Expansion Plans (subscription paywall)
- As scrutiny grows tighter on the gambling industry throughout Europe, leading CEOs have warned operators looking to capitalize on the burgeoning United States sports-betting market to remain wary of similar blowback.
- iGB North America, 2.6.20 – Amelco Scores Tribal Sports Betting Deal With Atlantis Gaming
- Sports betting software and trading services provider Amelco has agreed a new strategic partnership with Atlantis Gaming Corporation (AGC) to produce a fully serviced sportsbook offering for 450 tribal casinos across 28 states in the US.
- NJ Online Gambling, 2.5.20 – Will Fixed Odds Make Monmouth Park The Pioneer For A US Horse Racing Renaissance?
- New Jersey’s thoroughbred horsemen — already part of the groundbreaking, successful battle to launch legal sports betting across the U.S. — now have announced a deal that could boost the profile of horse racing betting as well.
- Penn Bets, 2.5.20 – At Pennsylvania Sportsbooks, It’s Never Too Early To Bet On Baseball
- MLB pitchers and catchers report for spring training next week. That means it’s time to check in on what the online betting sites in Pennsylvania are already offering for the 2020 baseball season.
- PlayPennsylvania, 2.5.20 – Betfred & Scientific Games Partner To Bring Sports Betting To Wind Creek – But When?
- Scientific Games Corporation and Betfred are partnering to provide both retail and online sports betting to Wind Creek Casino, according to a Wednesday press release.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.5.20 – Maine Sports Betting Veto Override Could Turn On One Vote Thursday
- The Senate waited three weeks for the stars to align to push for an override of the governor’s veto of legalizing Maine sports betting.
- Bangor Daily News, 1.6.20 – Maine Bill To Legalize Sports Betting May Take Its Last Gasp In The Legislature Today
- A sports-betting bill vetoed by Maine’s governor is expected to come up for a tough override vote today.
- Bloomberg, 2.5.20 – Connecticut Governor Calls For Legalized Sports Betting
- Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont wants the state to work with American Indian tribes to bring sports betting to the state.
- WNPR, 2.5.20 – Lawmakers Aim To Bridge The Gap On Sports Betting At Start Of Legislative Session
- Proposals on how to introduce sports betting in Connecticut are beginning to take shape now that the 2020 legislative session has begun.
- The Day, 2.5.20 – ‘Standalone’ Sports-Betting Bill Would Be Best Bet, Committee Co-Chair Says
- Gaming legislation’s best chance is a “standalone” sports-betting bill that likely would leave casino expansion on the table, the state House chairman of the panel that oversees such things said Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.5.20 – Maryland Sports Betting Bill Praised With One Notable Exception
- After hearings in the Senate and House, it appears most Maryland sports betting proponents are behind a bill that would offer multiple online licenses.
- US Bets, 2.5.20 – Redskins ‘Humbly’ Ask Maryland For Sportsbook At FedEx Field, Casinos Uninterested
- Maryland casinos have varying views on legal sports wagering, but it appears they are basically in alignment that there shouldn’t be a sportsbook at the current or future Redskins NFL stadium in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.5.20 – What First Illinois Sports Betting Applicants Reveal About Path Forward
- The first applicants are in for Illinois sports betting licenses, and the results provide some possible insights into how wagering will roll out in the Prairie State.
- TN Bets, 2.5.20 – New Tennessee Sports Betting Bill Would Change Some Duties Of Advisory Council
- A new piece of legislation was introduced Tuesday in Nashville that would make some changes to the way sports betting is overseen and implemented.
- Sports Handle, 2.5.20 – Playing Politics Slowing Down Kentucky Sports Betting Vote
- Kentucky lawmaker Adam Koenig is starting to wonder if maybe he rushed things.
- Louisville Courier Journal, 2.6.20 – Majority Leader Says Kentucky Senate Likely To Pass Sports Betting Bill If House Approves
- A key Republican leader in the Kentucky Senate said Wednesday he believes that chamber has enough votes to pass a sports betting bill — should it win approval in the House.
- Lexington Herald Leader, 2.5.20 – Kentucky’s Sports Betting Bill Is Stalled In The House Of Representatives. How Come?
- By all measures, a bill to legalize sports betting in Kentucky sailed through the early part of the 2020 legislative session.
- WKYT, 2.5.20 – Beshear Talks With WKYT About Proposed Budget Plan
- Keep education first, that’s Governor Andy Beshear’s message to lawmakers as they begin to craft their own versions of a $23 billion, 2-year spending plan.
- KUOW, 2.5.20 – Legal Betting On Super Bowl Was A Big Draw In Oregon. Washington State Next?
- Legal betting on last Sunday’s NFL Super Bowl was a winner for the state of Oregon and a handful of Oregon tribal casinos. This comes as legislators in Washington state ponder whether to legalize sports betting too.