Overall Industry News:
- SBC Americas, 1.12.21 – Las Vegas Sands boss Sheldon G Adelson passes away aged 87
- The casino industry has been impacted by the news today of the passing of Sheldon G Adelson, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands, at the age of 87 years.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 1.12.21 – New Jersey sports betting lawsuit nears resolution following agreement
- A historical lawsuit over millions of contested dollars arising from New Jersey’s prolonged battle to overturn a federal ban on sports betting is nearing a resolution after an agreement was reached this week between the major sports leagues and the NCAA with the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association.
- Sports Handle, 1.11.21 – New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Backs Mobile Sports Betting, But Debate On Potential Monopoly Intensifies
- As Cuomo reverses course on legalizing mobile, Sen. Joseph Addabbo has voiced concern about a single-entity structure that in effect would give one operator a monopoly on mobile sports wagering in New York.
- Local SYR, 1.12.12 – NY lawmakers, organizations react to part one of State of the State
- New York lawmakers, officials and organizations released statements Monday in response to Part One of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s State of the State address.
- Gloucester Daily Times, 1.12.21 – Lawmakers vow to press for sports betting
- Sen. Brendan Crighton, D-Lynn, said he plans to re-file a measure authorizing sports betting at racetracks and casinos and by mobile platforms such as DraftKings while establishing a system to tax and regulate the industry.
- Sports Handle, 1.11.21 – BetMGM To Build Sportsbook Adjacent To Nationals Park
- Washington’s Nationals Park is poised to join Capital One Arena as a professional sports venue with sportsbook attached, the Washington Nationals and BetMGM announced via press release Monday.
- Washington Post, 1.11.21 – A sportsbook is coming to Nationals Park as part of Nationals’ new partnership with BetMGM
- The Washington Nationals on Monday announced BetMGM as their exclusive sports betting partner and plans to open a sportsbook at Nationals Park this season.
- Play USA, 1.11.21 – TENNESSEE SPORTS BETTING NUMBERS REFLECT THAT STATE IS OFF TO PROMISING START
- Legal Tennessee sports bets have been flying since November, yet there isn’t a casino or a sportsbook in sight among the snowy hills and growing skyline.
- Fox 17, 1.11.21 – Michigan online sportsbooks set to launch by mid-January, MGCB says
- Green light for launch expected by next week.