iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas: Kindred To Reduce US Marketing After ‘Weak’ Q4 Performance
- Kindred Group has reported that Q4 has shown a ‘weaker than anticipated’ performance resulting in operational changes, including the reduction of marketing spend in North America moving forward. Offering investors a trading update for Q4, Kindred noted that whilst total group revenue increased by 24% year-over-year to $371.4m, performance ‘did not meet expectations’ due to several factors.
- Gambling News: 888 Records Disappointing Q4 Results, CFO To Step Down
- Leading global gambling company 888 Holdings saw a surprising decline in revenue in the fourth quarter despite a World Cup boost. 888 explained the slight dip in revenue with the new online gambling regulations in the UK, regarding the quarter with optimism despite the disappointing metrics.
- Gaming Today: Women’s Sports Saw Historic Popularity Growth In 2022
- It was a banner year for women’s sports around the world in 2022. Women broke records, made history, and challenged both systemic abuse and the status quo. They also generated a historic amount of awareness around their sports. By all factors, the popularity of women’s sports took a pivotal leap in 2022, with an increase in sponsorships, ratings, viewership, and prime-time coverage.
- PlayAZ: Arizona Sportsbooks Enjoy Another Bump In Sports Bets In October
- The Arizona sports betting market grew 14.8% in October 2022, and likely will continue to keep growing with major sporting events on the calendar. According to the latest revenue report from the Arizona Department of Gaming, a total of $618.6 million was bet at the 18 sportsbook operators licensed in the state. In September, $538 million in bets were made.
- PlayIndiana: Indiana Online Casino Bill Filed In House, Road To Legalization Begins
- An Indiana lawmaker has officially filed a new bill that would legalize online casinos in the state. That bill hopes to have a legal internet casino industry up and running in Indiana by Sept. 1, 2023.R ep. Ethan Manning filed the Indiana online casino bill today, but it still has a long way left to go before it becomes law.
- The Center Square: Indiana Casinos, Sportsbooks Generate $58.5 Million In Taxes In December
- Indiana’s state-licensed casinos and sportsbooks generated nearly $58.5 million in tax revenue last month, according to data released by the Indiana Gaming Commission on Thursday morning. The 12 casinos reported adjusted gross revenues of $192.8 million for December. That was up more than $8 million from November but down from the $203.2 million the casinos reported in December 2021
- Lafayette Daily Advisor: In First Year Of Sports Betting, Louisiana Made $26.5M, Mattress Mack Won $75M
- Louisiana made around $26.5 million in taxes from the first 12 months of legalized sports betting, according to data from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, though the state has yet to see exactly how a full year of mobile betting will affect the state’s coffers.
- Legal Sports Report: MA Sports Betting Regulator Latest To Go Strict On Ads
- Massachusetts will have some of the strongest advertising regulations in the industry when it opens legal MA sports betting this year. State regulators even considered Thursday the seemingly unfathomable idea to not feature Massachusetts sports betting advertising in stadiums like Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium and TD Garden.
- MassLive: Regulators Tap Veteran Gaming Official, Bruce Band, To Lead Sports Wagering Division
- Massachusetts gaming regulators tapped Bruce Band, a veteran gaming official with experience in multiple states, to head up their sports wagering division ahead of the launch of in-person betting later in January.
- PlayNJ: Atlantic City Casino Workers Plead With Gov. Murphy Over Smoking Ban Bill
- Atlantic City casino workers are asking Gov. Phil Murphy to urge the legislature to send him a bill by April to sign that would end smoking in the Garden State’s nine gaming halls. Bill S1878/A4541 pending in the state legislature would eliminate the smoking ban exemption for casinos and simulcasting facilities.
- PlayNY: GeoComply: Over One Billion Geolocation Checks In First Year Of NY Sports Betting
- The first year of legal online sports betting in New York featured over a billion geolocation checks and more than three million accounts created, according to data released by GeoComply. According to the geolocation company, in the first 12 months since NY sports betting went live Jan. 8, 2022, users in the Empire State combined to create 3.79 million accounts and 1.25 billion geolocation checks.