iDEA Growth in the News:
- Sports Handle, 1.15.20 – Kentucky On The Move As Sports Betting Bill Clears Committee (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Kentucky lawmakers on Wednesday officially began the 2020 push to join the growing number of legal sports betting states, when the House Licensing, Occupations, and Administrative Regulations Committee unanimously approved HB 137, sending it to the full House for a vote.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.15.20 – Why Indiana Sports Betting Grew In December While Iowa Flattened Out (DraftKings)
- Indiana sports betting and its Iowa counterparts went in different directions during December.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.15.20 – DraftKings Opens Las Vegas Office But When Will Its Sportsbook Follow?
- DraftKings co-founder Matt Kalish and sportsbook director Johnny Avello led a tour Wednesday through the company’s expansive new Las Vegas office.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 1.16.20 – NCLGS Wrap: ‘Mobile Is Money’ And Other Sports Betting Observations
- The winter meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States attracted more than 40 legislators and 200 attendees to San Diego last week.
- Online Poker Report, 1.15.20 – Is New Jersey’s Fast-Growing Online Gambling Revenue Sustainable?
- The New Jersey online betting and gaming market posted another huge month in December, with combined revenue of $79 million.
- Gambling Compliance, 1.16.20 – Cross-Sell Powers New Jersey To Global Online Gambling Elite (subscription paywall)
- In its first full calendar year offering sports betting and online casino, New Jersey established itself as one of the top regulated online gambling markets in the world, on par with countries boasting populations up to five times as large.
- PlayNJ, 1.15.20 – NJ Online Casinos End 2019 On A High Note; Leaves Some Questions For 2020 To Answer
- The Division of Gaming Enforcement released December’s online casino gambling figures on Tuesday. It probably isn’t a surprise that the report contained more good news for New Jersey online casinos.
- PlayNJ, 1.16.20 – New Jersey Gaming News: Mobile Sports Betting Collects All The Bets; Casino Gambling Tops $3.2 Billion In 2019
- The most recent New Jersey gambling news is all about the numbers.
- PlayPennsylvania, 1.15.20 – PA Casino Revenue Hits Record Of Almost $3.3 Billion In 2019, But Is There Cause For Concern?
- With official December gaming revenue numbers for PA due out later this week, one key number has been released. Officials at Wednesday’s Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) meeting shared the unofficial number of $3.27 billion for total gross gaming revenue (GGR) for 2019.
- PlayPennsylvania, 1.15.20 – PA Gaming Review: High Taxes, Wire Act Case Challenge Future Of Online Gambling
- The NFL wagering lull is upon us, but there’s still news on the sports betting front in Pennsylvania. High tax rates are crimping online casino expansion, but PA online sportsbooks remain a hot ticket.
- SBC Americas, 1.15.20 – Last Chance For Maine Sports Wagering With Override Vote This Week
- Proponents of sports betting in Maine have one final opportunity to get bill LD 553 over the line after it was vetoed at the weekend by Governor Janet Mills.
- Associated Press, 1.15.20 – Sports Betting Bill Gains Momentum By Clearing House Panel
- A bill to legalize sports betting in Kentucky picked up bipartisan momentum Wednesday when a House committee voted unanimously to advance the measure that one estimate says would bring in about $22.5 million a year in new taxes.
- Louisville Courier Journal, 1.15.20 – Kentucky Sports Betting Bill Passes Out Of House Committee By Unanimous Vote
- A bill to legalize and tax wagering on sporting events in Kentucky passed through a state House committee by a unanimous 18-0 vote on Wednesday, with good odds that it will soon clear the full chamber.
- Gambling Compliance, 1.16.20 – Kentucky Sports-Betting Bill Out Of The Starting Gate (subscription paywall)
- A bill legalizing sports betting in Kentucky was amended Wednesday to allow wagering on the teams of in-state public universities, potentially allowing bets on popular University of Louisville and University of Kentucky football and basketball games.
- US Bets, 1.15.20 – Kentucky Sports Wagering Bill Amended To Allow Betting On In-State Teams
- A proposal to legalize sports wagering in Kentucky has advanced out of committee and to the House floor.
- WMUR, 1.15.20 – Users Near Maine Border Report Inability To Place Bets Through Sports Betting App
- New Hampshire residents near the Maine border hoping to take advantage of legalized online sports betting are reporting a glitch that prevents them from placing bets.
- PlayIndiana, 1.15.20 – Indiana Gaming Approves Licenses For Both BetIndiana And BetMGM
- On Monday, the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) issued sports betting licenses to both BetIndiana and BetMGM, putting them on track to launch in the coming weeks.
- EGR, 1.15.20 – The Month In US Sports Betting – Indiana Becomes Third Largest Betting State (subscription paywall)
- Eilers & Krejcik Gaming estimates Indiana accounts for 8% of the US’ betting market just three months after launch.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.15.20 – New York Sports Betting Startup SimpleBet Lays Off Two Dozen Data Scientists
- New York sports betting startup SimpleBet has let go of 24 data scientists as part of an effort to become a “leaner” organization.
- PlayUSA, 1.15.20 – Nevada’s Monthly Gaming Reports Could Be Revised To Include Mobile Vs. Retail Sports Betting
- Nevada has offered mobile sports betting since 2012. However, its sportsbook operators are slipping behind newcomers in terms of technology.
- KPAX, 1.15.20 – Billings Based Investment Group Sues Montana Lottery
- A Billings-based investment group is suing the state for their right to be granted a sports wagering license.
- Navajo Times, 1.16.20 – Sports Betting In Navajo Casinos Draws Closer
- The Navajo Gaming Enterprise is getting closer to a time when it will be able to offer visitors to its casinos an opportunity to bet on their favorite sports teams.
Sports League News:
- Fox, 1.15.20 – National Lacrosse League Scores Sports Betting Deal With MGM
- The National Lacrosse League said Wednesday it has partnered with MGM on a sports betting deal, joining other prominent leagues who have embraced the once-taboo pastime since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a federal ban in 2018.