Industry News of the Day for January 18, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 1.18.22: 888 Calls 2021 A Year Of ‘Outstanding Strategic Progress’
- 888 has published its FY2021 trading update, with its CEO Itai Pazner calling 2021 a year of ‘outstanding strategic progress’.
- SBC, 1.18.22: White Hat Studios Adds To Deal Or No Deal Slots To US Game Library
- White Hat Studios, the content division of White Hat Gaming, has partnered with content producer and distributor Banijay Brands to launch the Deal or No Deal slot game in the US.
- New York Times, 1.18.22: Sports Betting’s Next Big Election Battles Are in California
- Legal sports betting in the United States accelerated in 2021 as a flurry of states either overcame legislative logjams, as Ohio did just before Christmas, or signed off on online wagering, as New York did just after Election Day.
- Bloomberg, 1.18.22: New Yorkers Flock to Online Betting in First Legal Weekend
- New Yorkers flooded into online sports betting in the first weekend it was legal to do so in the state.
- Play NY, 1.18.22: Rejoice: NY Operators Take In $150 Million In Online Sports Bets During Opening Weekend
- Legal online sports betting got off to a strong start in New York.
- Play VA, 1.18.22: Virginia Lawmakers Consider Ditching In-State College Betting Ban
- Lawmakers filed two pieces of legislation this past week, including one addressing the in-state college betting ban, that would alter specific regulations in the Virginia sports betting market.
- Cincinnati Business Journal, 1.18.22: How Much Revenue Ohio Can Expect From Legal Sports Betting
- Now that Ohio has legalized sports betting, it’s only a matter of time before money starts pouring. The question is: how much?
- MI Bets, 1.18.22: Michigan Sportsbooks Set Another Monthly Handle Record In December
- Pop the champagne for the third month in a row, as Michigan sportsbooks have set another handle record with December betting volume of $484.6 million.
- Play MI, 1.18.22: Michigan’s Online Sportsbooks, Casinos Soar To Fresh Records
- Michigan’s online casinos and sportsbooks ended 2021 on a record-breaking roll, with more than $500 million in sports wagers for the second consecutive month and more than $120 million in online casino revenue.
- Play MI, 1.18.22: 5 Key First-year Moments In Michigan Online Gambling Set Table For Year 2
- It’s hard to believe, but we are approaching the 1-year anniversary of online sportsbooks and online casinos in Michigan.