iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – Virginia Lottery Awards 26 Sports Betting Vendor Licenses (Sportradar, Continent 8, Sightline Payments, Paysafe)
- The Virginia Lottery has issued 26 sports betting vendor licenses to affiliates, payment providers and data suppliers ahead of the launch of the state’s regulated sports wagering market.
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – 888 Extends WSOP Agreement With Caesars Interactive
- 888 Holdings has agreed to a multi-year extension of its exclusive B2B poker partnership with Caesars Interactive Entertainment, in a deal which sees 888 continue to power the World Series of Poker (WSOP)-branded online poker offering.
- Boston Business Journal, 1.19.21 – DraftKings, FanDuel Face More Competition In Sports Betting
- DraftKings and FanDuel are the “most widely recognized sportsbook names and together comprise” roughly 80% of the U.S. market, but “scores of competitors are now angling for a piece of the action in a torrid sports betting category,” according to a national advertising magazine.
- Bloomberg, 1.19.21 – ‘Sin’ Taxes On Sports Bets, Legal Pot Gain Steam As Virus Wages
- States that shunned so-called sin businesses like marijuana and sports betting not long ago are quickly joining the trend to tax those industries as lawmakers grope to close deficits that have grown during the pandemic.
- The Action Network, 1.18.21 – Recapping Busy Start For 2021 Sports Betting Legislation
- A few weeks into 2021, lawmakers in more than a dozen states have already introduced sports betting legislation or have announced plans to do so.
- Times Union, 1.18.21 – Few Doubt New York Will Legalize Mobile Sports Betting But Whose Version Will Win?
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and leaders of the state Legislature back efforts to make New York the 15th state to legalize mobile sports betting this year.
- iGB North America, 1.19.21 – DC Lottery Betting Handle Growth Fails To Halt Revenue Decline In December
- The DC Lottery reported a drop in sports betting revenue in December, despite an increase in its handle, while William Hill’s sportsbook at Washington DC’s Capital One Arena also experienced a month-on-month decline.
- Up North Live, 1.18.21 – Announcement Is Expected Tuesday On The Launch Of Michigan’s Internet Gaming And Betting
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board says they will make an announcement on Tuesday, January 19, regarding the launch of sports betting and internet gambling.
- The Colorado Springs Gazette, 1.18.21 – Why Altitude TV Went All-In On Sports Betting As Embattled Network Endures Pandemic
- Altitude isn’t alone in its commitment to sports betting. In November, the Sinclair Broadcast Group announced it sold the naming rights for 21 of its RSNs to the sportsbook Bally’s.
- US Bets, 1.18.21 – Fifteen Years Later, North Dakota Takes Another Stab At Regulating Internet Poker
- It appears a precursor to an online poker bill has been filed in North Dakota.
- WSN, 1.19.21 – Washington State Renews Bid For Sports Wagering With New Game Plan
- A new game plan is underway in Washington state to expand the scope of sports betting beyond any current limitations. In some ways it echoes last year’s attempt, but with a few important distinctions and differences.