iDEA Growth in the News:
- SBC Americas, 1.21.21 – Lotteries In The Clear As First Circuit Repudiates DOJ Wire Act Interpretation (J. Ifrah mentioned as iDEA Growth spokesman)
- The US lottery sector will not be subject to the strictures of the Wire Act according to a ruling issued this week by the First Circuit clarifying that the legislation remains in place solely to prevent the incidence of interstate online sports wagering.
iDEA Growth Member News
- ESPN, 1.21.22 – Washington Football Team Becomes First NFL Team To Land Betting License
- The Washington Football Team has received a sports betting permit in Virginia and, through the franchise’s partnership with FanDuel, launched a mobile sportsbook in the Commonwealth on Thursday.
- Sports Handle, 1.21.21 – FanDuel Goes Live With Sports Betting In Virginia, Partnered With Washington Football Team
- FanDuel Sportsbook went live at 2:30 p.m. in Virginia today, kicking off the legal sports betting era in the state. FanDuel is the only operator that has been approved for sports betting launch by the Virginia Lottery to date, and the launch is the first for a newly legal sports betting state in 2021.
- MLive, 1.22.21 – DraftKings, FanDuel And More: A Guide To Michigan’s 10 Online Sports Betting Options (DraftKings, FanDuel, Golden Nugget, FoxBet)
- Consumers will have ample options to place their wagers once online casino gaming and sports betting launches in Michigan at noon Friday, Jan. 22.
- Sports Handle, 1.21.21 – Experts Predict Which States Will Add Sports Betting In 2021
- Gaming industry insiders on Thursday’s iGaming Business virtual panel offered their expertise on the chances of a wide variety of states either legalizing sports betting this year or adding mobile sports betting to their offerings.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.21.21 – Opinion: Wire Act Decision In New Hampshire Case A Victory For US Sports Betting
- January 20, 2021, was a big day for the country. Beside the obvious, it is the day the First Circuit of Appeals ruled in favor of the New Hampshire Lottery Commission and several other plaintiffs.
- Associated Press, 1.22.21 – Michigan Launches Online Sports Betting, Casino Games Friday
- Online sports betting and casino games will start in Michigan at noon Friday, an expansion of options for gamblers who now wager through offshore sites.
- Michigan Radio, 1.22.21 – Online Gaming & Sports Wagering Starts Today In Michigan
- Starting at noon Friday, legal online sports wagering and casino gaming goes live in Michigan.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.22.21 – Michigan Sports Betting Launch: Everything We Know Today
- Today’s launch of online Michigan sports betting provides a first glimpse into one of the country’s most interesting markets.
- SBC Americas, 1.22.21 – PointsBet Goes Live In Michigan With Exclusive Tribal Gaming Partnership
- PointsBet joins the newly launched sports betting market in Michigan today, marking the sixth operational state for its sports betting product following successful launches in New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, and Colorado.
- NYup, 1.21.21 – NY Mobile Sports Betting Advocates Welcome Cuomo’s Backing, Except For One Thing
- If mobile sports betting (placing wagers through electronic devices) comes to New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants it to be run like the state Lottery. And that, many advocates of mobile sports betting say, could be a mistake.
- Online Poker Report, 1.21.21 – Connecticut Online Casino Is Part Of New Sports Betting Legislation
- Online casino is back on the agenda in Connecticut, alongside sports betting, in new legislation recently filed.
- The Lowell Sun, 1.22.21 – Editorial: It’s Time To Make Sports Betting A Sure Thing
- Massachusetts can’t continue to sit on the sidelines and watch neighboring states siphon wagering tax dollars that this state vitally needs in this COVID-created, revenue-challenged environment.
- The Tennessean, 1.22.21 – Tennessee Sports Gambling Set A National Record In Its First Month. What Comes Next? (subscription paywall)
- How does Tennessee’s launch compare? Tennessee is one of 19 states where sports gambling is legal in some form.
- Spectrum News 1, 1.21.21 – Lawmakers May Take Another Shot At Legalized Sports Betting This Year
- Most of Kentucky’s neighbors have some form of sports gambling — and supporters of the idea say Kentucky is losing out on millions in revenue.
- 1011 NOW, 1.21.21 – Sports Betting A New Topic In The Nebraska Legislature
- As Nebraska licensed horse tracks begin preparations for their casinos, state lawmakers are introducing bills to allow sports betting at them.
- KCCI, 1.21.21 – Iowa Casinos See Increase In Revenue Since Change In Sports Betting Policy
- Three weeks into 2021 local casinos said a change in sports betting guidelines that went into effect Jan. 1 has been great for business.
- WCCO, 1.21.21 – Hortman: Don’t Bet On Sports Wagering This Session
- Minnesota House Speaker Melissa Hortman cast serious doubt on sports betting legislation advancing this session.
- Associated Press, 1.21.21 – Fantasy Sports Betting In Louisiana Could Begin This Spring
- Businesses that want to operate fantasy sports betting in the 47 Louisiana parishes that approved it two years ago can start applying in February, under action by the state gambling board Thursday.
- PlayNevada, 1.21.21 – New NGCB Chair Pushing For More Cashless Gaming Options
- The digital revolution on the casino floor will continue.
- Associated Press, 1.21.21 – Bill To Expand Sports Gambling Introduced In Legislature
- A bill to expand sports gambling in Washington state beyond Indian casinos and into privately-owned card rooms has been introduced in the state Legislature for the second consecutive year.