Industry News of the Day for January 25, 2022
iDEA Growth in the News:
- Online Poker Report, 1.24.22: Indiana Makes The First Move In Online Gambling Legislation For 2022 (iDEA mentioned)
- At the moment, few jurisdictions in North America seem to be in a hurry to legalize online casino gambling. Indiana currently holds front-runner status in the race, though so far in 2022 one can barely call it that.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 1.25.22: Kambi Enters Into Sportsbook Partnership With MaximBet
- Kambi has entered into a multi-year sportsbook partnership with sports betting brand MaximBet, which is owned and operated by Carousel Group.
- SBC, 1.25.22: PointsBet Announces Successful Launch Of New York Operations
- PointsBet has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, PointsBet New York LLC, has successfully launched online and mobile sports betting in New York.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.22: LSR Q+A: PointsBet COO On Dangers Of New ‘Always On’ Live Sports Betting
- PointsBet claimed a US first last week, with the debut of its “always on” live betting product.
- Sports Handle, 1.25.22: PointsBet Launches In New York, Becomes State’s Sixth Online Sportsbook
- PointsBet has arrived on the New York online sports betting scene.
- Sports Handle, 1.24.22: PointsBet, FanDuel Discuss Best Way To Crack Ontario Sports Betting Market
- With the highly anticipated launch of Ontario‘s open iGaming market in the coming weeks and months, private sportsbook operators are busy firming up their plans and strategies to compete against each other for the sports betting dollars of Canadian consumers.
Overall Industry News:
- Fortune, 1.24.22: Legalized Sports Betting In The U.S. Doubled In 2021. Here’s Why That Will Continue After ‘The Greatest Weekend In NFL Playoff History.’
- Americans love pro football, and not so coincidentally, they love that they can (legally) gamble on it now.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.24.22: The Week In Sports Betting News: Just How Much Will New Yorkers Bet?
- Happy Monday, folks. It’s rare that the biggest sports betting news of the week breaks so late on a Friday but that was the case last week.
- Sports Handle, 1.24.22: What’s On Tap: NFL Playoffs, Aussie Open Finals, And Pegasus World Cup
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Penn Bets, 1.24.22: Survey Suggests More Than A Million Pennsylvanians Have Tried iGaming
- About one of nine Pennsylvania adults is gambling online on sports, casino games, or the iLottery, which helps explain the $1.4 billion generated last year among iCasino and digital sports betting operators, according to the first state survey of its kind.
- WSHU, 1.24.22: Connecticut Tribes Say Online Betting Has Exceeded Expectations
- Online gambling profits have exceeded their initial estimates and expectations since Connecticut legalized online betting last year, according to the owners of tribal-run casinos in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.22: Will Nevada Finally Exit Stone Age On Remote Sports Betting Signups?
- The days of walking into a sportsbook to open an online sports betting account are numbered, maybe even in their US birthplace of Nevada.
- Sports Handle, 1.24.22: Ohio Regulators Lay Out Timeline, Release First Batch Of Proposed Sports Betting Rules
- The Ohio Casino Control Commission last week released its first batch of proposed sports betting rules as well as a timeline for regulations and applications.