iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 1.26.22: Paysafe Strengthens iGaming Market Leadership With New York Entry
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today announced its expansion into the regulated New York sports-betting market to strengthen its position as the leader in North American iGaming payments and affiliate marketing.
- IGB, 1.26.22: Paysafe Begins Processing Mobile Betting Payments In New York
- Payment platform Paysafe has began processing online deposits and payments in New York, after the state’s mobile sports betting market opened earlier this month.
- SBC, 1.26.22: Paysafe Expands Payments Platform Into New York Sports Betting Market
- Paysafe, a specialized payments platform, has announced its expansion into the regulated New York sports betting market.
- SBC, 1.25.22: DraftKings Names Stephanie Sherman As New Chief Marketing Officer
- DraftKings Inc has named Stephanie Sherman as its new Chief Marketing Officer, a move that the operator says will consolidate all marketing functions under her leadership.
- Play USA, 1.25.22: PointsBet Casino And Sportsbook Now Licensed In Booming Pennsylvania Gambling Market
- PointsBet has received licenses to begin offering a sportsbook and online casinos in Pennsylvania. The Australian company is already live in Michigan and New Jersey.
Overall Industry News:
- Augusta Free Press, 1.26.22: The Current Legal Situation Of Online Betting
- Online sports betting in the U.S. was only legal in Nevada until the United States Supreme Court lifted the ban three years ago.
- Play USA, 1.25.22: Seneca Nation, Gov. Hochul To Negotiate New Gaming Compact Amid Changes In New York Gambling
- When the last Seneca gaming compact took effect, the landscape of gambling in New York state was nearly an entirely different world than it is now. That’s what NY Gov. Kathy Hochul and the operator of three tribal casinos will have to navigate as they begin work on a new agreement.
- KTEN, 1.25.22: Proposal Would Legalize Sports Wagering In Oklahoma
- State Rep. Ken Luttrell (R- District 37) has filed a bill to legalize sports betting in Oklahoma.
- IGB, 1.25.22: Maryland Bill Aims To Restrict Betting Licenses Near Sports Venues
- The Maryland Senate is to consider a bill that would restrict the awarding of sports betting licenses to facilities located close to a sports venue that is already licensed.
- Sports Handle, 1.25.22: Recent Bills Could Shake Up Virginia’s Sports Betting Industry
- Changes could be coming to sports betting in Virginia, as a few noteworthy bills and joint resolutions have been introduced in early 2022 aimed at altering the market.
- Play WV, 1.25.22: West Virginia Online Casino Revenue Reaches New Best In December
- The online casinos in West Virginia closed out the year with a great performance. Combined, they totaled nearly $7 million in revenue in December.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.25.22: New Kansas Sports Betting Push Coming
- With neighboring states looking to legalize sports betting, Kansas sports betting could be next.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.26.22: Some Ohio Sports Betting Rules Available For Public Comment
- The long march to legal sports betting in Ohio continues with two batches of proposed rules available for public comment.
- Sports Handle, 1.25.22: Potential Mobile Sports Betting Launch Delayed In Arkansas
- The Arkansas Legislative Council was expected to discuss a mobile sports betting rule Wednesday, but the item has been stripped off the agenda, leading to questions about when the state will actually launch online wagering.
- Action Network, 1.26.22: Louisiana Online Sports Betting Will Go Live Friday
- The time has finally come. Louisiana sports betting will go live on Friday, Jan. 28 at 8 a.m. CT, Gaming Control Board Chair Ronnie Johns said.
- Sports Handle, 1.25.22: Industry Insiders Pointing To Friday As ‘Geaux Time’ in Louisiana
- Multiple industry sources confirmed to Sports Handle that they are “hearing” that the Louisiana Gaming Control Board will issue temporary digital sports betting licenses and launch operators on Friday.
- SBC, 1.26.22: Arizona Becomes Quickest US State To Hit $1bn In Wagering
- Arizona’s sportsbooks had nearly $470m in bets and more than $50m in gross gaming revenue in November, becoming the quickest state to reach the $1bn mark in wagering after launch, according to analysts from PlayAZ.com.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.26.22: New Proposed Timeline For Arizona Sports Betting Lawsuit
- The parties involved in a lawsuit to stop Arizona sports betting are still working toward a settlement.
- Legal Sports Report, 1.26.22: Books Hold More Arizona Sports Betting Revenue In November
- While Arizona sports betting handle slid a bit in its third month, sportsbook revenue increased.