iDEA Growth in the News:
- EGR, 1.27.21 – Key Questions From New Hampshire Lottery’s Case Against The DOJ’s Wire Act Opinion (mentions Jeff Ifrah of iDEA Growth, Yaniv Sherman of 888)
- As Donald Trump exited the White House for the final time on January 20, 2021, the industry hit a key turning point in its evolution as the New Hampshire Lottery (NHL) defeated the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) latest Wire Act Opinion.
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 1.27.21 – Entain Foundation US And EPIC Risk Management Launch Player Education Initiative
- The Entain Foundation US and EPIC Risk Management have launched a new player education initiative with colleges around the nation to deliver a series of gaming awareness educational sessions.
- iGB North America, 1.28.21 – The Athletic Signs Up BetMGM As Exclusive Betting Partner (Entain)
- Subscription-based sports media giant The Athletic has named BetMGM has its exclusive sports betting partner in the U.S.
- iGB North America, 1.28.21 – FanDuel Selects Genius Sports For New Marketing Drive
- Sports betting and daily fantasy sports operator FanDuel is to work with Genius Sports Group on a new marketing initiative, aimed at bringing in new customers and driving engagement.
- PlayNJ, 1.27.21 – Talking Super Bowl Betting With DraftKings Sportsbook Director
- Day by day, bet by bet and conversation by conversation, Super Bowl 55 descends upon New Jersey online sportsbook bettors.
- US Bets, 1.27.21 – In Light Of COVID-Era Revenue Revelations, Is A Rush Of Online Casino Legalization Coming?
- Due to some combination of predictable inevitability and unpredictable circumstance, a few iCasino dominoes are undoubtedly beginning to wobble, setting up 2021 and 2022 to be pivotal years on that front.
- SBC Americas, 1.27.21 – More US States Must Embrace Online Gambling To Help The Casino Industry
- One of the lasting impacts of the coronavirus pandemic may well be the fast-tracking of online gambling registration in the US. That’s according to Brandon Asgiersson, a US Business Development specialist at multichannel engagement experts Xtremepush.
- PlayUSA, 1.27.21 – PlayUSA Rewind: Online Sports Betting Market Grows With Launch of MI & VA
- But just in case you missed anything, a pair of states launched online sports betting and online casino games. New York mayoral candidate Andrew Yang proposed a Manhatten casino and Monkey Knife Fight finds a home with Bally’s.
- The Action Network, 1.28.21 – New Jersey Tops Nevada As King Of Sports Betting In 2020
- New Jersey officially became the new king of sports betting on Thursday when the Nevada Gaming Control Board reported its December numbers.
- NJ Online Gambling, 1.27.21 – Tipico Tiptoes Into Crowded NJ Sports Betting Space
- What to do when you are the 19th regulated online sportsbook in New Jersey, and when some rivals have had a head start of more than two years?
- Online Poker Report, 1.27.21 – Pennsylvania Online Gambling Revenue Soars Again In December, Capping Off A Year Of Massive Growth
- Save for a dip in June and a flat month in November, 2020 was a year of constant growth for the Pennsylvania market.
- Penn Bets, 1.27.21 – Problem Gambling Tied To Internet And Sports Wagering Emerged Strongly In 2020 In PA
- Pennsylvanians’ access to gambling opportunities grew for many years since the first casino opened in 2006 without much to indicate any commensurate increase in compulsive gambling problems.
- iGB North America, 1.28.21 – Spectrum Study Projects NY Mobile Betting Revenue Of Up To $1.1Bn
- Spectrum Gaming Group’s long-awaited study on gaming expansion in New York suggests widespread mobile sports betting could see the state generate annual revenue of between $816m and $1.41bn.
- The Daily Gazette, 1.27.21 – Risks, Rewards Of Expanding Gambling In New York Highlighted In Report
- The state Gaming Commission this week released a consultant’s sweeping report on New York’s gambling industry, with extensive predictions on the impact new or expanded casinos would bring.
- News 10, 1.27.21 – Online Sports Betting Included In NY Gaming Study
- The legalization of mobile sports betting has the potential to be a significant source of tax revenue to the state. Governor Andrew Cuomo said it could generate millions for education.
- WSHU, 1.27.21 – Expanded Online Gambling Agreement Converges With Past Tribal Agreement
- Four potential vendors made their case to state lawmakers for an agreement that would allow them to run online gambling and sports betting. It’s the latest in a years-long push for expanded gambling in the state.
- The Telegram & Gazette, 1.28.21 – Baker Bets On Sports Wagering $$$ In Budget
- With Rhode Island, New Hampshire and New York already accepting bets on sporting events and other nearby states moving in the same direction, it’s “kind of inappropriate” for Massachusetts to maintain a ban on sports wagering, Gov. Charlie Baker said Wednesday.
- WSN, 1.28.21 – New Hampshire Seeks To Expand Current Sports Wagering Potential
- As opposed to many other states, the question involving legalizing sports wagering in New Hampshire is not “if” but really now “how much and how many different ways.”
- Sports Handle, 1.27.21 – BetMGM, BetRivers Go Live In Virginia, Bringing Live Sportsbook Total To Four
- BetMGM on Wednesday morning became the third operator to go live in Virginia when it launched its mobile platform ahead of Rush Street Interactive, which got its go-live in Virginia Tuesday night and launched its digital sports betting platform BetRivers later Wednesday morning, as well. BetMGM got launch approval on Sunday.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 1.27.21 – Future Portsmouth Casino Launches Mobile Sports Betting; BetMGM Also Enters Crowded Field
- Virginia now has four active sportsbook operators, a gold rush of gaming that has led to an intense competition for customers.
- SBC Americas, 1.28.21 – BetMGM Casino Goes Live In West Virginia With Broad Palette Of Games
- BetMGM, the joint venture between MGM Resorts and GVC Holdings has launched its BetMGM Casino in West Virginia this week, delivering 30 games ranging from Blackjack and Roulette to a host of slots, including the state’s only online progressive jackpot-linked titles.
- TN Bets, 1.27.21 – Alabama Sports Betting Bill Filed To Compete With Neighboring Tennessee
- Alabama could move forward with sports betting in 2021 under legislation that hit the table Tuesday.
- MI Bets, 1.27.21 – Online Poker Situation Remains Fluid In Michigan With No Launch Timeline
- While regulated online poker was legalized in the big gambling bill signed into law in 2019, and while it has been OK for state gaming regulators to allow operators to offer online poker since online gaming kicked off last Friday, and while Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed the multi-state iPoker bill in early January … well, would-be players are still sitting with a 7-2 unsuited.
- Sports Handle, 1.27.21 – Illinois Reports Record $447M Sprots Betting Handle For November
- The Illinois Gaming Board released its sports betting revenue numbers for November on Wednesday, and the $447 million handle reported by Administrator Marcus Fruchter showed a slight increase from October’s previous record of $434.6 million.
- SBC Americas, 1.28.21 – Fledgling Illinois Sports Betting Market Generates Record Wagers In November
- Illinois online and retail sportsbooks collected more than $450m in wagers in November, setting a fresh record for monthly handle to place fourth among legal sports betting markets in the U.S.
- Illinois, 1.27.21 – Illinois Helps US Total Handle Reach Nearly $3.5B in November
- The Illinois Gaming Board reported about $450 million in November sports handle, pushing the U.S. total for the month to another record of nearly $3.5 billion.
- Sports Handle, 1.27.21 – New Ohio Committee Created To Resolve Gaming – And Sports Betting – Regulatory Questions
- Last year, Ohio was one of two states that could have legalized sports betting right up until the end of the year.
- Sports Handle, 1.28.21 – Kansas Lawmakers Trying For Sports Betting Again
- For the third consecutive session, Kansas lawmakers will consider legalizing sports betting, after a bill sponsored by the Senate Federal and State Affairs Committee was filed Tuesday.
- The Action Network, 1.27.21 – Kansas Legal Sports Betting Hopes Take First Step With New Bill
- Kansas could see up to 12 legal online sports betting options under a bill introduced Tuesday in the state Senate.
- Inforum, 1.27.21 – North Dakotans May Vote On Legalizing Sports Betting In 2022
- NDSU President Dr. Dean Bresciani testifies in opposition to the bill that would legalize betting on professional, college athletics in North Dakota.
- SouthernMinn.Com, 1.27.21 – Walz Open To Legalized Sports Betting In Minnesota, GOP Opposes
- Governor Tim Walz says he will leave open the possibility of legalizing sports betting in Minnesota.
- The Denver Post, 1.27.21 – Colorado’s Water Projects Won’t See Money From Sports Betting Taxes Immediately
- Though revenue from the first six months of betting exceeded state estimates, leaders say they want to nail down new water plan before distributing cash.
- Yahoo! News, 1.27.21 – Is Sports Betting The New Marijuana? Once A Black Market Industry, Sports Gambling Makes $1.1B In Colorado
- Dan Hartman, director of Colorado’s Division of Gaming, talks with Denver7 about the instant success of sports betting – already a billion-dollar industry in its first year.
- PlayColorado, 1.27.21 – Colorado Sports Betting Radio Station? Don’t Bet Against It
- The Colorado sports betting market will soon have a radio station.
- CBSN Denver, 1.27.21 – People In Colorado Bet $63.5 Million On Table Tennis In 2020
- Table tennis continues to be a heavy hitter when it comes to sports betting in Colorado.
- iGB North America, 1.28.21 – Lawmakers Introduce Bills To Bring Lottery And Casinos To Hawaii
- Hawaii, one of just two states that does not permit any form of legal gambling, may soon allow its first games of chance.