Industry News of the Day for January 3, 2023
iDEA Growth Member News
- PlayOhio: DraftKings Facing $350,000 Fine For Advertising Violation In Ohio
- The Ohio Casino Control Commission on Dec. 30 issued a notice of violation to DraftKings Sportsbook for violating the state’s sports gaming advertising rules. The commission says DraftKings in November mailed ads to individuals under 21.
- Mass Live: Mobile Sports Betting License Review Hearings To Kick Off In January
- Bettors will have to wait until the end of January to learn which businesses will receive the official green light from state regulators to offer mobile sports betting in Massachusetts, according to a new timeline presented Thursday.
- US Poker: Michigan, New Jersey Online Poker Players React to Day 1 of Shared PokerStars Market; Many Applaud Launch Platform So Far
- The shared-market PokerStars action between Michigan and New Jersey went live on Sunday with two special events as well as other tournaments and cash game action. Online poker players took to the site on Sunday with many reporting nice numbers and seeing players they hadn’t seen before.
- PlayMichigan: MGM Grand Detroit, Hollywood At Greektown Bring Back Indoor Smoking Areas
- A pair of Detroit casinos have designated indoor smoking areas to return. MGM Grand Detroit and Hollywood Casino at Greektown gave the green light for indoor smoking. Smoking on casino floors remains banned by the Michigan Gaming Control Board dating back to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- KCTV-TV: Sports Betting On The Agenda As Missouri Lawmakers Head Back To Work
- Missouri lawmakers are heading back to Jefferson City in just six days for the first legislative session in 2023, with several key topics on agendas—including sports betting. There is another effort to get this bill passed to catch up with neighboring Kansas, after falling short during the last session. Some political strategists and lawmakers believe Missouri is falling behind.
- Legal Sports Report: Nevada Sports Betting Handle Stays Below $1 Billion In November
- Nevada sports betting handle fell compared to last year for the fourth month in a row, according to the November gaming report from the state. Handle — the total money wagered — hit $927 million in November 2022, a 14.5% drop from last November, though the state’s busiest betting month since January.
- SBC Americas: PokerStars More Than Doubles Guarantee Of First Pooled NJ/MI Event
- Ohioans were not the only ones celebrating expanded online gambling on New Year’s Day. Michiganders and New Jersey residents celebrated the pooling of players on PokerStars. PokerStars rolled out a special slate of Sunday tournaments to celebrate the combination of the two states.
- NJ Gambling Sites: New York City May Soon Usurp Atlantic City As a US Gambling Destination – Addabbo
- Household name US gambling destination cities are Atlantic City and Las Vegas, in alphabetical order. However, New York City may soon replace New Jersey’s resort city on that short list, New York Sen. Joseph P. Addabbo Jr. told NJGamblingSites today.
- PlayOhio: What Went Right, Wrong During First Day Of Ohio Sports Betting
- Ohio’s been waiting for January for a long time. After months of anticipation, sports betting is finally live in the Buckeye State and the money is already flowing in. Some things went smoothly for bettors during the Ohio sports betting launch, others not so much.
- PlayPennsylvania: PGCB Reopens Qualified Gaming Entity Application Period For PA Online Casino Licenses
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board announced on Tuesday that it is reopening the petition period for qualified gaming entity (QGE) applications in the state. From Jan. 3, 2023 until March 3 operators can submit petitions for one of three different certificates available for Pennsylvania online casinos.