- Sportico, 1.5.21 – Event-Based Futures Would Help Licensed Sportsbooks, Stadium Owners Hedge Economic Risk
- Back on Dec. 23, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced that it had begun its review of three RSBIX NFL futures contracts, self-certified by Eris Exchange (ErisX).
- The Action Network, 1.4.21 – 7 States With 2021 Sports Betting Hopes Start Legislative Session This Week
- Several state legislatures will begin their respective 2021 sessions Monday and all 50 will do so in the coming weeks. Of those, as many as two dozen are set to consider sports betting and other gaming measures.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.4.21 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Don’t Get Too Excited By Florida Bill
- Now that it’s January, we’re officially on the clock for best sports betting news on new market launches.
- Sports Handle, 1.4.21 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: NFL Wild-Card Weekend, Heisman Ceremony, And Sentry Tournament Of Champions
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
Overall Industry News:
- PlayNJ, 1.5.21 – Rush Street Interactive Visits Wall Street Tuesday
- Executives and employees of Rush Street Interactive Inc., will ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange Tuesday morning.
- Online Poker Report, 1.4.21 – Bally’s Plants Its Flag In Pennsylvania Soil With Satellite Casino Deal
- Less than a week into 2021, the plot has already thickened in Pennsylvania’s online gambling and sports betting market. Bally’s has struck a deal with local businessman Ira Lubert to build a Category 4 satellite casino in Center County.
- PlayMichigan, 1.5.21 – Rip Hamilton, Detroit Pistons Join Forces With PointsBet Ahead Of Michigan Launch
- While a Michigan sports team and operator have linked another sports betting pact, one legendary local athlete is pioneering a partnership. Former Detroit Pistons champion Richard Hamilton will be a brand ambassador for PointsBet.
- SBC Americas, 1.5.21 – PointsBet Launches Mobile App And Digital Sports Betting In Iowa
- Sportsbook operator PointsBet has gone live this week with its mobile app and digital sports betting product in Iowa with remote registration effective immediately from anywhere within the state.
- PlayIA, 1.4.21 – BetMGM Sportsbook Launch In Iowa, Proves State Is No Longer An Afterthought
- In the first two weekdays of 2021, two new online sports betting options have launched in the Hawkeye State. BetMGM Iowa Sportsbook went live on Monday.