iDEA Growth in the News:
- Sports Handle, 6.30.22: When Could Legal Mobile Sports Wagering Come To North Carolina?
- North Carolina won’t legalize mobile sports betting during its current legislative session despite optimistic predictions from lawmakers when they first convened in Raleigh. (iDEA Growth mentioned)
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 6.30.22: DraftKings Offering $10K In Abortion Assistance While Others Consider Next Steps
- In the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s historic decision last week to overturn Roe v. Wade, a host of major companies moved swiftly to expand benefits to cover employee travel costs associated with an out-of-state abortion and other reproductive health care.
- com, 6.30.22: Federal Lawmakers Ask DOJ to Target Unregulated Offshore Sportsbooks
- On June 29, 2022, a group of congressional representatives, seemingly led by Nevada congresswoman Dina Titus wrote to US Attorney General Merrick Garland. They jointly requested that the Department of Justice (DOJ) “make a concerted effort to fight illegal offshore sportsbooks.”
- SBC Americas, 6.30.22: AGA backs Congressional letter calling for DOJ action against illegal market
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has praised the Congressional letter sent to Attorney General Merrick Garland urging the Department of Justice (DOJ) to make a concerted effort to fight illegal, offshore gambling websites.
Sport League News:
- SBC Americas, 6.30.22: NFL appoints David Highhill to lead sports betting unit
- The National Football League (NFL) has hired its first executive dedicated to executing its sports betting strategy, appointing David Highhill as Vice President and General Manager of Sports Betting, according to the Sports Business Journal.
- Sports Handle, 6.30.22: Colorado Clears $7 Billion In All-Time Sports Wagering Handle
- Colorado became the seventh state to surpass $7 billion in sports wagering handle in the post-PASPA era after the state’s Department of Revenue on Thursday reported more than $360 million in wagers for May.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.30.22: Baseball Helps Nevada Sports Betting Weather Spring Slowdown In May
- Nevada sports betting stayed relatively stable from previous months in May.
- Play Michigan, 6.30.22: Michigan’s Online Gambling Success Could Be Blueprint For Other States
- The state of Michigan has set a great example for other states around the country when it comes to successfully operating online sports betting and online casinos.
- Play CA, 7.1.22: 2022 California Sports Betting Initiatives Comparison
- Californians will find two sports betting initiatives on the ballot in November. The CA Secretary of State made that official June 30 by certifying the initiatives as qualified for the Nov. 8 general election.