Industry News of the Day for July 11, 2019
- Play NJ, 7.10.19 – Pennsylvania And New Jersey’s Online Border Battle Will Heat Up Next Week
- The long-delayed launch of PA online gambling is coming to an end. The July 15 go-live date is fast approaching. However, the scenario triggers interesting questions: What kind of impact will this event have on NJ online gambling?
- Sports Handle, 7.10.19 – As States Consider Anti-Courtsiding Measures, Debate On Transmission Of Live Data Intensifies
- Buried in an 18-page sports betting bill that passed last month in the New York Senate is an anti-courtsiding provision that gives venues the authority to remove spectators that violate a broad range of code of conduct standards.
- Gambling.Com, 7.8.19 – Chris Christie On Fight For NJ’s Legalized Sports Betting
- The expansion of legal sports betting in the United States and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s role in it are absent from the 384 pages of his first book. For the next book – and Christie hopes there will be one – sports betting is definitely worthy of consideration, he said.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.10.19 – Hooray For Hollywood: Penn National To Launch Online Casino July 15
- Wednesday’s Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) meeting did eventually shed some light on which PA casinos to expect online July 15.
- Penn Bets, 7.10.19 – Two, Possibly Three Online Casinos Expected To Launch Monday In Pennsylvania
- More than 620 days after Pennsylvania legalized online casino gaming, the state’s first platforms appear ready to launch and take bets from customers.
- The News & Observer, 7.10.19 – Sports Betting Could Be On Its Way To Two Specific Areas Of North Carolina
- State lawmakers continue to move forward a bill that would allow sports betting on tribal land, but not the rest of the state.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- WAFF48, 7.10.19 – Daily Fantasy Sports Companies Up And Running In Alabama [DraftKings]
- Daily fantasy sports companies are legal in Alabama after state lawmakers passed legislation earlier this year. Two large companies, FanDuel and DraftKings, are operating in the state.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 7.10.19 – WSOP Main Event Attendance Trending Toward 2006 Record; Poker Not Dead After All
- The World Series of Poker is far and away the biggest event on the annual poker calendar. That makes it a good barometer for the game’s overall health and popularity.