Industry News of the Day for July 13, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Florida Phoenix, 7.12.21: FanDuel and DraftKings pump $20 million into sports-betting initiative for the 2022 ballot
- Sports-betting titans FanDuel and DraftKings poured $20 million in June into a campaign to legalize sports betting by amending the Florida Constitution in 2022, according to campaign finance records reported Monday afternoon by a political action committee.
- Daily Sentinel, 7.12.21: PointsBet Appoints Chantal Cipriano as Vice President, Legal, Compliance & People for Canadian Operation
- PointsBet, a premier global online gaming operator, announced today that it has expanded its corporate profile in Canada with the appointment of gaming and sports betting industry lawyer Chantal Cipriano as Vice President, Legal, Compliance & People for PointsBet Canada.
Overall Industry News:
- South Maryland Chronicle, 7.13.21: The Advantages Of Betting Online
- So much betting has moved into the online world over the last decade and for good reason. There are many advantages that online betting has that sportsbook locations simply can’t match.
- Sports Handle, 7.12.21: What’s On Tap: NBA Finals, MLB All-Star Game, And The British Open
- The week ahead in sports betting includes the Bucks looking to claw back and Ohtani making his All-Star debut
- Business Wire, 7.12.21: Prophet Partners With Caesars Entertainment to Launch Online Sports Betting Exchange in New Jersey and Indiana
- Prophet, a New Jersey-based sports betting exchange founded in 2018 by Dean Sisun, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Jake Benzaquen, Chief Operating Officer (COO), has announced a multi-year market access agreement with Caesars Entertainment (“Caesars”)
- SBC, 7.13.21: Indiana sportsbooks see volume slip and revenue surge during slower June trading
- Indiana saw sports betting volume slip below $250m in June while revenue jumped to more than $25m, a welcome result according to analysts at PlayIndiana considering a lack of local sporting action.
- Play MI, 7.12.21: Detroit Casinos Pass 2020 Total Sports Betting Handle In First Six Months Of 2021
- The first six months of 2021 sports betting are in the books for Detroit casinos, and the amount wagered has already helped push a tumultuous first year to the back burner.
- Online Poker Report, 7.13.21: Michigan’s FireKeepers Casino Now Offers Online Gambling, Sports Betting
- FireKeepers Casino Hotel was among the Michigan tribal casinos that decided to create its own online gambling and sports betting brand, rather than partnering with an established operator. It made good on those plans with its launch today as Michigan‘s 13th online operator.