iDEA Growth Member News
- US Bets, 7.13.22 – Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Big Wins And Big Losses
- Respected bookmaker Johnny Avello has been involved in the betting industry since the 1970s and previously managed the Las Vegas sportsbooks at Bally’s and the Wynn. Now the director of race and sportsbook operations for DraftKings, Avello was recently inducted into the Sports Betting Hall of Fame.
- SBC Americas, 7.13.22 – Sportradar offers safer gambling support to athletes with new program
- Sportradar Integrity Services, a subsidiary of Sportradar, has launched a new program aimed at tackling problem gambling and providing education to athletes. The Athlete Wellbeing Program – developed for leagues and federations, teams, and collegiate governing bodies – will include a range of on-demand virtual sessions, pre-recorded webinars and in-person workshops.
Sports League News
- The Nevada Independent, 7.13.22 – Indy Gaming: Raiders’ historic hire puts gaming experience in an NFL front office
- In nearly 30 months as a Nevada gaming regulator, Sandra Douglass Morgan displayed an outside-of-the-box thought process in overseeing the state’s largest industry.
- Play USA, 7.12.22 – Retail FanDuel Sportsbook Now Open At Audi Field In Washington, DC
- FanDuel Sportsbook at Audi Field is live in Washington, DC, almost a year after the company applied for a license. Unfortunately for those wishing to place bets through their phone, mobile betting and FanDuel Casinos are not in the mix.
- Play CA, 7.12.22 – Tribes Submit Signatures For 2024 Online Sports Betting Initiative
- While there will be an online sports betting initiative on the 2022 ballot, some tribes already are preparing for 2024. A spokesman for the tribal campaign verified to PlayCA that it submitted signatures Monday for county verification on the constitutional amendment that combines in-person and online sports wagering. Monday was the six-month deadline for the campaign to circulate its petition.
- iGB, 7.12.22 – California Democrats endorse “no” vote on online betting measure
- The California Democratic Party has recommended that those in the state vote against a proposal that would legalise online betting.
- iGB, 7.12.22 – Court unlikely to make decision on Florida sports betting until 2023
- The US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia has set out a timeline for the case that will determine the future of online sports betting in Florida, making it unlikely that any decision will be made until 2023.
- Sports Handle, 7.12.22 – Indiana Sports Wagering Handle Drops Under — Way Under — $300 Million For June
- The Indiana Gaming Commission reported sports wagering handle totaling $256.3 million for June, the first time in 10 months handle dropped below $300 million.
- SBC Americas, 7.13.22 – David Rebuck: Internet gaming helped to protect New Jersey industry
- David L Rebuck, Director of the NJ Department of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE), has stated New Jersey embraced internet gaming in 2013 in the face of its potential problems because it helped to protect the state’s gaming industry.
- Play Ohio, 7.13.22 – Ohio Sports Betting Revenue To Benefit Military Veterans
- When Ohio launches sports betting on Jan. 1, 2023, a portion of annual state revenues will be earmarked for military veterans in the state. As part of the Ohio sports betting legislation’s wide-ranging framework, lawmakers created the Ohio Sports Gaming Profit Veterans Fund, an annual pool of money that will be administered by the Ohio Department of Veterans Services.