iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 7.15.20 – West Virginia Online Casino Finally Goes Live As DraftKings Launches
- With a surprise launch, West Virginia has just become the fourth US state with legal online casino gambling alongside New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
- PlayUSA, 7.15.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Big Sports Betting Payday At Bellagio Could Be Voided
- The headliner goes to a case that could cause fault lines to develop once a decision comes down, one way or the other.
- PlayUSA, 7.15.20 – Barstool Sports Following Is Key To Penn National’s Sports Betting Plan
- Penn National Gaming and their partnership with Barstool Sports might just be the next heavyweight contender to the sports betting throne.
- Penn Bets, 7.16.20 – COVID Era’s Ripple Effects On Sports Heightens Concerns About Potential For Corruption
- How to ensure the integrity of sports betting — particularly with lesser-known competition acquiring new prominence in the COVID-19 era — became a central topic for operators and consultants involved in SBC Digital Summit panel discussions Wednesday.
- SBC Americas, 7.15.20 – Differentiation Key As Virtual Sports Step Into Pandemic Spotlight
- Day two of the SBC Digital Summit North America saw panellists look at the ‘new world order’ of sports betting in a post-COVID landscape, and how alternative markets on virtual sports and esports have cemented themselves as key offerings for US sportsbooks.
- iGB North America, 7.16.20 – Tipico Puts Faith In Proprietary Tech Ahead Of US Debut
- Tipico believes its technological prowess can lead it to US success ahead of its planned debut in New Jersey in the autumn.
- NJ Online Gambling, 7.15.20 – Monmouth Park Becoming A US Pioneer In Fixed-Odds Horse Wagering
- Noted gaming lobbyist William Pascrell III, who attended Monmouth Park’s recent delayed season opening, was spotted in his “natural habitat” with a phone to his ear after correctly picking the winner of the first race.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 7.16.20 – New Jersey Regulators Set Conditions For Eldorado To Acquire Caesars (subscription paywall)
- Before New Jersey gaming regulators decide the fate of Eldorado Resorts acquisition of Caesars Entertainment, executives with Eldorado agreed on Wednesday to adhere to several regulatory conditions.
- Online Poker Report, 7.15.20 – What We Learned From New FOIA Documents About The DOJ’s Wire Act Opinion
- Freedom of Information Act documents turned over to New Jersey paint more of a picture of what happened leading up to and in the wake of the Department of Justice‘s decision to alter its opinion on the federal Wire Act in 2018.
- ESPN, 7.16.20 – Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing To Focus On Protecting The Integrity Of College Athletics
- A congressional committee will examine ways to protect the integrity of college athletics in a hearing scheduled for Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 7.15.20 – Virginia Sports Betting: No Hold Required
- There was likely a collective sigh of relief released by sports betting operators across the country on Wednesday morning when Virginia Lottery Executive Director Kevin Hall said these words: “It’s safe to say that we won’t.”
- Legal Sports Report, 7.15.20 – Expedited Virginia Sports Betting Timeline Slowed, Hefty Fees Are Not
- The accelerated process to determine regulations for Virginia sports betting officially kicked off Wednesday with partial regulations released for public comment.
- Gambling Compliance, 7.16.20 – Virginia Regulator Passes On Sports-Betting Payout Cap (subscription paywall)
- Virginia’s top gaming regulator has said that although his state’s legislative sports-betting model most closely resembles that of Tennessee, it will not be following in the Volunteer State’s footsteps when it comes to its most controversial sports-betting rule.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 7.15.20 – Virginia Lottery Releases Initial Drafts Of Sports Betting Regulations For Public Comment
- More drafts will be released in the coming weeks leading up to a vote for approval by the lottery board by the deadline of Sept. 15.
- PlayNJ, 7.15.20 – New Jersey Online Casino Revenue Nears $85 Million As AC Casinos Reopen
- The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement released the gambling figures for June 2020 on Tuesday. Sadly, for the third month in a row, there were zeros in the casino-win column.
- Elite Sports NY, 7.15.20 – New York Will Convene Special Session For Online Sports Betting Legislation
- Online sports betting in New York is still very much on the table. Rumors of a special session convening in New York took hold earlier this week.
- WSYR, 7.16.20 – Sports Betting Reopens July 22 At Oneida Indian Nation Properties
- On July 22, sports betting will be allowed once again at Oneida Indian Nation properties. That includes The Lounge with Caesars Sports at Turning Stone, Point Place Casino, and Yellow Brick Road Casino and Sports Book.
- US Bets, 7.15.20 – Monumental’s Zach Leonsis Bullish On Sports Betting Growth In D.C.
- As the NBA, NHL, WNBA, and MLB all inch closer to the resumption and start of their respective sports seasons, Zach Leonsis offered an optimistic outlook on sports betting in general and in the nation’s capital Wednesday as his group Monumental Sports & Entertainment continues to prepare offerings in conjunction with William Hill.
- iGB North America, 7.16.20 – Pointsbet Receives Illinois Betting Permit
- Australia-based sports betting operator PointsBet has received a temporary operating permit from the Illinois Gaming Board.
- US Bets, 7.15.20 – FanDuel Cites Pandemic ‘Politics’ In Ohio Sports Betting Legislation Delay
- The Buckeye State is one of the larger untapped sports betting markets for the online gambling industry.
- PlayIA, 7.15.20 – Why The Cy-Hawk Game Cancellation Is Devastating News For Iowa Sportsbooks
- The Big Ten Conference, which includes the University of Iowa, has taken a step to limit the spread of the COVID-19. As a result, there will be no Cy-Hawk game this year between Iowa and Iowa State.
- Colorado Public Radio, 7.15.20 – Colorado Banked $96,000 In The 1st Month Of Sports Betting
- Sports betting’s May debut in Colorado has already earned the state $96,537 in taxes.
- The Rocky Mountain Collegian, 7.15.20 – Irregular Trends Boost Colorado’s New Sports Betting Market
- The remote nature of sports betting in Colorado has allowed it to flourish, even with a lack of sports being played.
- PlayNevada, 7.15.20 – BetFred To Operate Sportsbook At Mohegan Sun Casino Inside Virgin Las Vegas
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas is still under construction, but it now has a casino operator and a separate sportsbook operator. Betfred will operate the sportsbook, while Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment will operate the rest of the casino, including the slot machines and table games.