- Play USA, 7.24.19 – PA Online Sports Betting Off To A Solid Start, But Can It Mimic NJ Success?
- The introduction of online sports betting propelled the nascent Pennsylvania sports betting industry to its best month to date in June.
- Play WV, 7.24.19 – Send Help Fast! WV Sports Betting Revenue Continues To Post Dismal Numbers
- After the Mountain State’s mediocre handle has been hovering around $1.5 million the last few weeks, WV sportsbooks took another step back during the week ending July 13. Sports betting in West Virginia arguably had its worst week in the history of legal wagering in the state.
- Play USA, 7.24.19 – Analyzing The Short-Lived Sports Betting Monopoly In The South
- For the first year following the demise of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), there was only one state in the South where customers could indulge in the pleasures of legalized sports betting. That magical oasis was Mississippi.
- US Bets, 7.24.19 – New Mexico Says Unregulated Online Gambling Partly Responsible For Gaming Market Dip
- A new report out of the state of New Mexico suggests that unregulated online gambling has taken a meaningful bite out of the state’s gaming industry.
- Tulsa World, 7.25.19 – Place Your Wagers: Will Sports Betting Come To Oklahoma Through New Tribal Compacts?
- Sixty years ago, if someone in downtown Tulsa wanted to bet on a football game, he — always a he; women weren’t allowed — walked into the Orpheum Cigar Store near Third and Boston and ordered the grilled sausage and the New York Giants plus 5. Now bets are being placed on whether sports wagering that is both convenient and legal will soon make an appearance in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gaming Intelligence, 7.25.19 – Opinion: The Power Of Localization
- SBTech chief operating officer Dave Hammond says localization of a sports betting product has never been more important than in the state-by-state US market.
- Play NJ, 7.24.19 – A Dozen Women Walk Into An Atlantic City Sportsbook… And This Is What Happened [DraftKings]
- Playing like a girl is no longer a moment, it’s a way of life. It’s not limited to just athletes. With the legalization of sports betting in 10 states including New Jersey and Pennsylvania, playing like a girl is spreading to the sportsbooks.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 7.25.19 – What They’re Saying: Power-5 Commissioners Address Sports Betting
- With college football season just around the corner and a dozen more states with legal sports betting this season than last, the topic came up across the country over the last two weeks as the Power 5 Conferences held their media days. On balance, the country’s most powerful college football conferences continue to lobby for a federal framework, while also pushing to prohibit betting on college sports altogether.
- PennBets, 7.24.19 – Ex-Eagle Westbrook’s Next Play: Sports Betting Is ‘Very Lucrative’
- Since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned PASPA in May 2018 and sports betting has been legalized in several states including Pennsylvania and New Jersey, former All-Pro Brian Westbrook has, just like in his playing days, spotted the openings and scooted right in.