iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 7.22.22 – Henrik Tjärnström: Kindred approaching North America ‘in a focused way’
- Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Kindred, has stated that the group knows “the value of putting the fundamentals in place and then scaling”, when planning for the US and Canadian markets, adding that Kindred is approaching the region “in a focused way”.
- Play NJ, 7.22.22 – FanDuel Casino Features Mischief @ No Fixed Address As New Creative Agency
- The FanDuel Group announced that it is partnering with the company Mischief @ No Fixed Address for its creative agency of record. Soon, FanDuel Casino will showcase a different style of advertising as the operator looks to expand more throughout the US. [Daniele Phillips, FanDuel Group VP of Casino Brand Strategy]
- Play CA, 7.22.22 – Yahoo Sports Users Could Wager Instantly If Prop 27 Passes
- With the largest daily fantasy sports market in the U.S., Californians have established a taste for sports wagering. And in many instances, Yahoo Sports is their go-to app. Come November, Yahoo Sports is well positioned should Proposition 27 pass. [BetMGM]
- SBC Americas, 7.25.22 – Gambless problem gambling app sees 2022 US download increase
- Gambless, a mental health app providing support to problem gamblers, has published its half-year 2022 update, reporting that its app ranks number one for “gambling addiction” and related searches on Google Play in most countries, including the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, and Italy.
- SBC Americas, 7.25.22 – Arizona sportsbooks set new state taxes record in May
- Arizona’s sports wagering handle continued to dip in May, but the state did accomplish a new record in state taxes during the same month. According to the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG), the Grand Canyon State’s sportsbooks achieved a handle of $461.4m during May, a 10% decrease on April’s $512.9m.
- Play Colorado, 7.21.22 – Colorado Lottery Attains Top-Tier Responsible Gaming Certification
- A strong and effective responsible gaming environment requires efforts from all participating entities. In Colorado, the state Lottery certainly is doing its part. The Colorado Lottery has announced it has attained the highest level of responsible gaming certification offered by the World Lottery Association (WLA).
- SBC Americas, 7.25.22 – Massachusetts officials voice doubts over sports betting bill passing
- Massachusetts officials have voiced their doubts about the passing of the state’s sports betting bill before the end of formal sessions. During an interview with GBH News’ Boston Public Radio on Thursday, Governor Charlie Baker noted that he’s unsure if lawmakers in both the House and the Senate will be able to send him a bill to sign before the end of this week.
- Play USA, 7.22.22 – Michigan Online Casino Market Still Providing Economic Value
- For the third consecutive month, Michigan has proven it’s not immune to the summer sports slowdown. However, the Wolverine State’s year-over-year growth continues to show other jurisdictions that its US online casino segment is one of the best in the business.
- Play USA, 7.22.22 – Lawmaker Hopes Minnesota Sports Betting Bill Gets A Second Opportunity This Summer
- One lawmaker isn’t ready to give up on passing Minnesota sports betting legislation this year. Perhaps that’s because it’s her last chance to pass legislation she’s worked on for years. Sen. Karen Bigham will leave the Minnesota legislature on Jan. 3, 2023, after a combined eight years in the House and Senate.