- Philadelphia Business Journal, 7.25.19 – Sports Betting A Boon For Local Casinos
- At the Philadelphia Business Journal’s second-annual Business of Sports event, executives from three local casinos say it has enhanced their product for existing customers and opened doors for new ones.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.25.19 – Argument Bubbles Over Who Should Regulate Ohio Sports Betting
- John Eklund, a lawyer for nearly 40 years, is tired of hearing arguments that the Ohio Casino Control Commission (CCC) could not legally regulate sports wagering but the Ohio Lottery Commission (OLC) could.
- Indianapolis Star, 7.24.19 – Mark Miles On How Sports Gambling Will Affect IndyCar, IMS
- Though sports gambling will become legal for Hoosiers 21-years-old or older on Sept. 1, do not expect to see truckloads of betting kiosks unloaded at Indianapolis Motor Speedway any time soon. Under the new legislation recently passed by Indiana lawmakers, only licensed casinos, racinos and off-track betting facilities are permitted to open a sports book and accept bets.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 7.25.19 – Gambling Outfit DraftKings In Pact To Use Official Baseball Data
- DraftKings Inc. is becoming an official gambling partner of Major League Baseball in a multiyear deal that will let the company offer betting lines and products backed by MLB’s official data.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.26.19 – DraftKings DFS Deal With The PGA Tour Is Really About Sports Betting
- The DraftKings dry run with perhaps the only interesting official data product on the market begins now. DraftKings announced this week a “content and marketing relationship” with the PGA Tour that went live Monday. The deal will brand the operator’s daily fantasy golf product as the tour’s official offering.
- Play NJ, 7.25.19 – 888’s NJ Online Casino Set To Launch Into Orbit With New Website Design
- Are you ready to give Orbit a try, New Jersey? It’s the new NJ online gambling platform from 888 Holdings. Call it the “brand-new sleek and stylish” 888 Casino.
Overall Industry News:
- Play USA, 7.25.19 – Anatomy Of A Merger Part III: Caesars, Eldorado & How Sports Betting Fits
- In a deal that has far-reaching implications, Eldorado Resorts agreed to purchase and merge with Caesars Entertainment. In a new three-part series, Play USA will analyze how the $17.3 billion deal impacts the land-based casinos, online gambling, and sports betting.
- Atlantic City Weekly, 7.25.19 – Sports Betting Radio, Mocktail Competitions And More
- Beginning Monday, Aug. 5, WBSS-AM in Atlantic City will be rebranded as “AM 1490, Sports Betting Radio.” With a 24/7 sports talk format, the station has a market-exclusive affiliation with The BetR Network, a broadcast radio network dedicated exclusively to sports betting.