iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC America, 7.28.22 – Kambi to have ‘big focus’ on Brazil once it regulates sports betting
- Kambi is not slowing down on its expansion across Latin America, as CEO Kristian Nylén has highlighted the country of Brazil as a “big focus” in the company’s recent conference call.
- iGB, 7.28.22 – 888 and Playtech to expand US presence with multistate deal
- Online operator 888 Holdings and gambling technology business Playtech have expanded an existing content partnership to support their respective plans to grow their US operations.
- Bonus.com, 7.27.22 – DraftKings Black Throne Studios Aids In-House Tech Stack Reign
- DraftKings Black Throne Studios (BTS) is the latest online casino game development service the Boston-based online gambling operator is creating. Stephen Miraglia, DraftKings senior communications director, tells Bonus.com: “In terms of in-house game development, we’ve been doing that for a while now.”
- SBC Americas, 7.27.22 – Kambi reports ‘positive’ Q2 despite YoY revenue and operating profit losses
- Kambi has published its financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2022, reporting year-over-year revenue and operating profit losses in both measuring periods. [Kristian Nylen, CEO]
- Play USA, 7.27.22 – As US Casino Industry Grows, Responsible Gambling & Addiction Discussed At Conference
- The 2022 National Conference on Gambling Addiction and Responsible Gambling took place last week in Boston. The National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) and the Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health (MACGH) hosted the conference on July 20 – 22, 2022, at the Westin Boston Seaport District hotel.
- Axios, 7.28.22 – Clock running out on legalizing sports betting in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts would be one of a minority of states to still ban sports betting if Democrats in control of Beacon Hill can’t come to a compromise soon.
- Sports Handle, 7.27.22 – Mass Impasse: With Deadline Approaching, Bay State Lawmakers Still Stuck
- Anyone with an interest in whether or not Massachusetts lawmakers will legalize sports betting this year has long had July 31 circled on their calendar. That is the final date on which a conference committee, assembled in May to hammer out differences between the House and Senate on the issue, could offer up a compromise or leave it to die this session.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.27.22 – Business Trade Group Joins MA Sports Betting Push As Deadline Nears
- The largest business association in MA wants the state to pass its stalled sports betting bill by Sunday’s legislative deadline. On Tuesday, the Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM) sent a letter to state policymakers in the House and Senate supporting the legalization and regulation of sports betting in Massachusetts.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.27.22 – Four The Love: Sportsbooks Late In Failed Online NC Sports Betting Bid
- The bid to legalize NC online sports betting failed last month by the barest of margins. However, the effort might have received a stronger push toward the line had sportsbooks not left it until too late to mobilize their customer base. [DraftKings]
- Play Ohio, 7.27.22 – Sports Betting Kiosks Could Be More Popular Than Sportsbooks In Ohio, Survey Says
- There’s a buzz in Ohio as the state gears up for a universal launch of sports betting on Jan. 1, 2023. Applications for licenses are flooding in as the appetite for sports betting in the Buckeye State heats up.