iDEA Growth in the News:
- Online Poker Report, 7.29.19 – Will California Ever Get Its Act Together And Legalize Online Poker?
- Efforts to legalize online poker and casino gambling have been shoved to the side as sports betting fever sweeps through legislatures across the nation. California is no exception.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.19 – The Week In Sports Betting: A New Deal For FanDuel; Two More For DraftKings
- The imminent return of peak sports season is happy news for bookmakers, and there are more of them working legally in the US this year than ever before. Ten states now have legal sports betting, and another handful is working to launch regulated industries before the end of the year.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.29.19 – NC Sports Betting Is Legal, So Why Is Another Bill Trapped In The Senate?
- The state Senate likely will not concur with a bill to establish a North Carolina Gaming Commission and task it with studying sports betting. Sen. Jim Davis expects the NC sports betting bill to go to conference, where he thinks it will need to undergo “significant modification” in order to pass.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.30.19 – It’s Not The NFL Causing The Sprint To Start Iowa Sports Betting
- As states new to legal sports betting scramble to launch before NFL and college football start, Iowa is ahead of the game. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) is targeting Aug. 15 for legal wagering to go live in the Hawkeye State.
- AP News, 7.30.19 – Oneidas To Start Sports Betting At Upstate NY Casino
- The Oneida Indians will start allowing sports betting at their upstate New York casino this week.
- Sports Handle, 7.29.19 – Oregon Lottery’s ‘Scoreboard’ Won’t Allow Betting On College Sports
- Betting on college sports won’t be part of the Oregon Lottery’s new sports betting game, “Scoreboard,” according to a spokesperson for the Lottery.
- Radio.Com, 7.29.19 – Governor On Legalized Sports Betting In Massachusetts: It’s Only A Matter Of Time
- Governor Charlie Baker joined the Greg Hill Show Monday morning for “Breakfast with Baker” to discuss a number of topics. Among those was the future of legalizing sports gambling in Massachusetts.
- The Weekly Journal, 7.29.19 – Rosselló Signs Act To Legalize Sports Betting
- Ricardo Rosselló signed on July 29 the Betting Committee Act of the Government of Puerto Rico, which authorizes betting on sports, e-games, and fantasy leagues on the island.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 7.30.19 – New Jersey Into Orbit As 888 Makes Platform Debut
- Online gaming solutions provider 888’s Orbit online gaming platform has officially debuted in New Jersey. The platform, which was launched in the UK market in May 2018, marks, said the firm, its most exciting product development of recent years.
Overall Industry News:
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.29.19 – Brian Westbrook Talks Sports Betting, Fantasy Strategy, And FanDuel
- In an interview with PlayPennsylvania.com, Westbrook shared his thoughts on a possible Super Bowl matchup, mobile betting apps like FandDuel, fantasy football, and how hard it is not to pick the Eagles to go 16-0.