- WFSB, 7.31.19 – Lawmakers Announce Bill That Would Authorize Casino, Sports Betting
- A bipartisan group of lawmakers announced a bill on Wednesday that would authorize a casino in Bridgeport and allow sports betting and internet gaming. The group called it the Connecticut Jobs and Revenue Act.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.30.19 – Inside The FanDuel Sportsbook PA Mobile App Launch Strategy
- Legal Sports Report sat down with Mike Raffensperger, FanDuel Group‘s chief marketing officer, to discuss the launch of the FanDuel Sportsbook PA mobile app.
- Online Poker Report, 7.30.19 – West Virginia Begins First Formal Preparations For Online Casino Gambling
- Regulators in West Virginia are taking the first tangible steps to bring online casino gambling to their state. Known locally as interactive gaming, WV Lottery officials are working on drafting and filing preliminary rules for the new industry before next summer.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.30.19 – Guess Who’s Back? Nevada Sports Betting Again On Top After Record June Handle
- Don’t call it a comeback — Nevada‘s been here for years. The Silver State returned to its longtime spot atop sports betting handle in June with more than $322 million. That represents the largest amount bet in Nevada in any June in history.
- Des Moines Register, 7.30.19 – Iowa Sports Betting: What To Do Now That Official Rules, Start Date For Legal Gambling Are Finalized
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission approved the final rules for the state’s initial run at taking bets at a special meeting Tuesday in West Des Moines. Included in those rules is the big date to circle on your calendars: Aug. 15 at noon.
- Radio Iowa, 7.30.19 – Sports Gambling Rules Approved For August 15th Start
- Sports betting rules were approved today in less time than you have to wait for a television timeout at a football game.
- KGW8, 7.30.19 – Oregon Lottery Hopes To Kick Off Sports Betting App By NFL Season Opener
- Get ready, sports gamblers. The Oregon Lottery is about kick off a new mobile app that will allow people to bet on NFL football games during this upcoming season.
- WMC5, 7.30.19 – Sports Betting In Mississippi Nears First-Year Anniversary
- Coast casino executives say sports gaming has been a home run for the industry in Mississippi. This week marks the one-year anniversary for sports betting in the state.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 7.30.19 – PointsBet And Double Eagle Getting Ready For Sports Betting In Colorado
- Sportsbook operator PointsBet USA and Double Eagle Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek, Colorado, have formalized a multi-year partnership that will include the launch of both premium retail and mobile sportsbook operations in Colorado, pending legislative approval.
- Sports Handle, 7.30.19 – New Fixed Odds Offerings From DraftKings, Betfair Provide Added Option For Horseplayers
- While unseasonably warm temperatures throughout the Jersey Shore dominated the headlines at this year’s Haskell Invitational, Johnny Avello had the comfort of air conditioning inside his office to rollout an intriguing horse racing product at DraftKings.
- Play NJ, 7.30.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook’s Birthday Also Marks First Online Bet Outside Nevada
- DraftKings Sportsbook is celebrating another big occasion this week. Thursday will mark the one-year anniversary of when its NJ sports betting app arrived. In fact, the date (Aug. 1) marks an even bigger milestone: the first legal online wager placed outside of Nevada.
Overall Industry News:
- Play NJ, 7.30.19 – What New Jersey Players Need To Know As FanDuel Dives Into Pennsylvania
- By now it is a known fact that FanDuel Sportsbook is a major player in the Garden State. In less than one year, the company has climbed to the top of the market. But after a few days of testing, FanDuel made the next big leap on the national stage, opening its doors in Pennsylvania. The online sportsbook is now available 24/7 in both states.