Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.6.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: New York Mobile Bid Details
- This upcoming week will (hopefully) be far from boring as well after the biggest news story of last week decided to slow-roll the process a bit. The next step for online sportsbooks in New York was just one of many topics discussed on last week’s LSR Podcast.
- Sports Handle, 7.6.21: Status Of Every Legal, But Not Live, U.S. Sports Betting Jurisdiction
- As we move into the second half of 2021 with lawmakers in Maine, Massachusetts, Ohio, and elsewhere still hoping to legalize sports betting, it seemed an apt time to review the status of the 11 jurisdictions — including New York, adding to its in-person wagering — that have (mostly) legal sports betting expansion on the books, but aren’t yet live.
- IGB, 7.6.21: Congressmen Propose Bill To “Remove Federal Barriers“ To Online Tribal Gaming
- Two US Congressmen have proposed a federal bill clarifying that all wagers placed with servers on tribal lands, may be considered gambling on tribal lands and regulated as such.
- US Bets, 7.6.21: First FL Sports Betting Lawsuit Aiming To Block New Gaming Compact
- Even if the US Dept. of the Interior approves the latest re-negotiated contract between the state of Florida and the Seminole Tribe, it may not matter. That’s if a Florida sports betting compact lawsuit proves successful.
- US Bets, 7.6.21: Nevada Gambling Win Increases 20,971% Year-Over-Year In May To All-Time High
- Nevada casinos are flush with gambling winnings, as the industry reported record monthly revenue in May.
- Salisbury Post, 7.7.21: Sports Betting Legislation “In The Mix” For The Remainder Of The Legislative Session
- While the N.C. Senate didn’t handle sports betting legislation before the Fourth of July break, there’s still hope of legal wagers in the state outside of the two Cherokee casinos.
- Sports Handle, 7.6.21: Illinois Reports $507.3M In Sports Betting Handle For May, Fifth Straight $500M Month
- The Illinois Gaming Board reported on Tuesday a sports betting handle of nearly $507.3 million for May as the Prairie State maintained its hold on the No. 2 spot nationally for the second straight month.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.6.21: Illinois Sports Betting Market Reports May Handle Decrease
- The Illinois sports betting market joined a big list of states that saw handle drop in May from April.
- IGB, 7.7.21: Ontario Government Establishes New Igaming Division
- The Ontario government has formed a new dedicated igaming organisation to conduct and manage new online gaming offerings in the Canadian province.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.7.21: LSR Q&A: Canadian Gaming Association CEO on Canada Sports Betting
- On June 22, the Canadian Parliament passed C-218 to repeal the country’s ban on single-event sports wagering. Before Canada sports betting can fully launch, however, provinces need to set up their regulations.