iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 7.7.21: Kambi’s State Of The Nation: The Canadian Sports Betting Opportunity
- Sarah Robertson, VP Sales at Kambi, reflects on why hockey and in-game betting will prove to be key battlegrounds for those looking to enter the Canadian market.
- Sports Handle, 7.7.21: Arizona Regulator: Event Wagering Licensees May Be Able To Have Multiple Platforms (mentions FanDuel and DraftKings)
- The Arizona Department of Gaming confirmed Wednesday that it will be possible for event wagering operators to have two digital platforms in certain situations, meaning that instead of the 20 online sports betting sites or apps initially expected, there could be as many as 40.
- Sports Handle, 7.7.21: Super Bowl Champ Drew Brees Signs On With PointsBet As Brand Ambassador
- PointsBet announced Wednesday that it had signed Drew Brees, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV and the NFL’s all-time leader in passing yards, to an exclusive multiyear contract for original content as the Australian-based sportsbook further deepened its ties with its official sports betting partner, NBC Sports.
- Online Poker Report, 7.7.21: FanDuel Officially Partnered With Mohegan For Connecticut Market Access
- FanDuel has put an end to the need for speculation about its future in Connecticut today. It will officially partner with Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment (MGE) on retail and online sports betting, online casino and daily fantasy sports at its flagship casino in the state, the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville.
- Hartford Courant, 7.8.21: FanDuel will come to Mohegan Sun and DraftKings will partner with Foxwoods as casinos start planning for long-awaited online gambling and sports betting
- Newly expanded gambling is taking shape at Connecticut’s two casinos with agreements now in place with two fantasy sports companies.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.7.21: Can Anyone Crack The Social Sports Betting Code In US?
- As long as there has been online sports betting, there have been companies trying to “socialize” it.
- Play NY, 7.7.21; Gaming Commission Misses RFA Deadline, Putting Launch Timeline In Doubt
- The New York State Gaming Commission (NYSGC) has missed the deadline to issue a request for applications (RFA) for parties interested in offering online sports betting in the Empire State.
- Action Network, 7.7.21: New York Online Sportsbook Hopefuls’ Wait Continues
- It’s been nearly a week since New York officials were scheduled to release application details for the state’s limited online sports betting licenses, prolonging what remains one of the critical developments of the early years for legal U.S. wagering.
- Play OH, 7.7.21: Penn National Supports Ohio Sports Betting Language Heading To Conference
- Ohio casinos will have to wait a few more months before lawmakers approve a sports betting bill. But, more importantly, they now have language they can support.
- Legal Sports Report, 7.7.21: Second Round Of Comments Roll In For Arizona Sports Betting Rules
- The Arizona Department of Gaming took in public comments for its second draft of rules for AZ sports betting Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 7.7.21: Online Sports Betting In Arizona Is Primed To Be A Free-For-All Come Fall
- For starters — while there is nothing set in stone just yet — it appears as if there could be upward of 40 online sportsbooks battling it out in Arizona.
- NASCAR, 7.7.21: Colorado Sports Betting Numbers Show Positive Signs For Motorsports
- Motorsports returned to the top 10 most bet sports in Colorado in May, according to a report released by the state’s Department of Revenue. The month of April marked the first time since February auto racing did not appear on the list of top 10 sports by handle in the Centennial State.