- The Washington Post, 7.8.19 – Sports Betting Isn’t A Game. D.C. Shouldn’t Grant A Monopoly. [DraftKings quoted as spokesperson]
- Months ago, the D.C. Council wisely moved ahead to consider legalizing sports betting. Unfortunately, the D.C. Council authorized a unique, monopoly model, permitting one vendor to pursue the contract without competitive bidding, making it the sole provider of online sports betting.
- Philly Voice, 7.8.19 – Mobile Sports Betting Is Live In Pennsylvania, With A Few Hiccups
- Mobile sports betting has arrived in Pennsylvania, but online sports betting in PA still has a ways to go before it reaches its potential.
- Online Poker Report, 7.8.19 – Parx Confirms July 15 Launch Date For Pennsylvania Online Casino
- Parx plans to begin offering online casino gambling on July 15, the first day the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board allows.
- Online Poker Report, 7.8.19 – Mount Airy Aiming For Summit Of Pennsylvania Online Gambling Market
- The addition of online gambling and sports betting has Pennsylvania casinos eyeing up a mountain of potential revenue. But which are best-positioned to take advantage of the opportunity?
- Legal Sports Report, 7.9.19 – Why The NC Sports Betting Bill Stalled For Months Until Today
- After an unexpected months-long delay, a bill to authorize North Carolina sports betting at two tribal casinos is back on track.
- Play WV, 7.8.19 – Hitting The Road: WV Bettor Discusses Online Betting In PA
- The state of West Virginia online sports betting seems stuck in a state of limbo in recent week. However, with the recent Wire Act ruling clearing the way, mobile seems inevitable despite the frustration of bettors with the slow pace.
- The Washington Post, 7.8.19 – Contract To Manage Sports Betting System And Lottery Finds Shaky Support On D.C. Council
- The D.C. Council’s support for a lucrative deal to manage the District’s sports betting and lottery appeared shaky ahead of a Tuesday vote on whether to award the sole-source contract to Greek gaming company Intralot.
- Play USA, 7.8.19 – DC Sports Betting Via Lottery Is Under Fire, But Sportsbooks Still Coming
- Sports betting is coming to Washington DC, it’s just a matter of when. But when the time comes, small businesses will be ready for a slice of the pie.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, 7.7.19 – European Bookmaker Is Betting Big On Philly, And Is Hiring Sports Nuts With Math Skills
- Kambi Group is a growing presence on the sports-betting scene. The European bookmaker, whose leadership is Swedish, handles a good chunk of the sports wagers made in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Overall Industry News:
- Play USA, 7.8.19 – Anatomy Of A Merger Part II: Online Implications For Eldorado-Caesars
- When Eldorado Resorts and Caesars Entertainment join forces in the first half of 2020 (contingent upon the approval of shareholders, state regulatory bodies and the FTC), it will largely be business as usual for the two companies’ land-based casinos. Things are a bit more up in the air when it comes to the online gambling operations of the two companies.