iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 6.13.22 – DraftKings expands content offering with four new shows
- DraftKings Inc has expanded its content offering, adding four new shows to its programming slate as part of its audio and video partnership with Meadowlark, featuring ‘diverse perspectives and new female voices’.
- SBC Americas, 6.10.22 – PointsBet boosts marketing capabilities with O’Neal and Powell hires
- PointsBet has confirmed the appointment of experienced marketer Ansley O’Neal as its Vice President of Brand Strategy and Marketing and sports betting heavyweight Josh Powell as its Director of Brand Marketing.
- SBC, 6.13.22 – Enteractive: Poor CRM approach impacts US customer retention
- Enteractive has recently commissioned a survey exploring US consumer trends in relation to CRM strategy and customer loyalty. Conducted online by The Harris Poll, over 2,000 participants were asked about their consumer preferences and attitudes, providing the retention firm with information on the growing US online sports betting market.
- Play USA, 6.10.22 – National Council On Problem Gambling Reaches Agreement To Make 800-Gambler Available Nationwide
- An obstacle that people who struggle with pathological gambling issues encounter is variation in finding information on treatment. The expansion of 800-GAMBLER could go a long way toward removing that obstacle. The National Council on Problem Gambling has finalized a deal to make 800-Gambler a national resource essentially. It’s part of the NCPG’s efforts to ensure access is as easy as possible for people who need it.
- SBC Americas, 6.10.22 – AGA: Commercial gaming revenue falls just short of $5bn in April
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has published its Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker report for April 2022, declaring that it was the best month of April ever and the second-highest-grossing month of all time. The association also stated that the industry has made strong improvements through the first four months of the year compared to the same period in 2021, adding that another record-setting year is possible despite macroeconomic challenges.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.13.22 – Who Wins If Voters Choose Both CA Sports Betting Initiatives?
- CA sports betting could end up in court if voters endorse both ballot measures in November, with no clear legal opinion on their ability to co-exist. Voters will likely be faced with two California sports betting questions: (1) Yes or no on tribal-backed, retail-only betting. (2) Yes or no on the online sports betting measure backed by FanDuel, DraftKings and others.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.10.22 – Illinois Sports Betting Continues Mobile Signup Growth In April
- In its second month with mobile registration, Illinois sports betting is still experiencing significant growth. Illinois sportsbooks took $839.4 million in April, according to an Illinois Gaming Board report released Wednesday. The April handle is a 56.3% jump compared to April 2021’s total of $537.2 million.
- Play Indiana, 6.10.22 – Hoosiers Wagered Over $300 Million On Sports During May
- Indiana sports betting generated $308 million worth of wagers during May. That number was a step down from the state’s $360 million April handle, but it was still a 21% increase from the same month last year.
- Sports Handle, 6.13.22 – Iowa Latest State To Surpass $1 Billion In 2022 Sports Wagering Handle
- Iowa became the 11th state to surpass $1 billion in sports wagering handle for 2022 after the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission reported wagers totaling $147.9 million for the month of May.
- Mass Live, 6.10.22 – Massachusetts lawmakers vow to send sports betting bill to Gov. Charlie Baker’s desk ‘as quickly as possible’
- As Massachusetts House and Senate members tasked with negotiating major differences in a long-anticipated sports betting bill convened for the first time Thursday afternoon, a top-ranking senator pledged to work swiftly to send compromise legislation to Gov. Charlie Baker’s desk.
- Southeast Missourian, 6.13.22 – Area lawmakers support sports betting, which did not pass in Legislature
- State Sen. Holly Thompson Rehder said the failure of her colleagues to pass sports wagering in Missouri during the most recent legislative session ending in May was “frustrating” and “ridiculous”.
- Play Nevada, 6.10.22 – Vegas Hot Slots Still Making The Most Money, Revenue Passes $1 Billion
- The most recent Monthly Revenue Report from the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) shows that Silver State casinos won more than $1 billion from gamblers for the 14th consecutive month in April. Overall, the gaming win for Nevada casinos was $1.12 billion in April.
- Play NY, 6.10.22 – Industry-Low Totals From New York Online Sportsbooks Should Not Be Cause For Alarm
- Since the launch of legalized online sports betting, the Empire State has exceeded $1 billion in handle in each of its first five months in business. For the week ending June 5, NY online sportsbooks combined for $270.7 million in handle, leading to $10.8 million in total gross gaming revenue (GGR) — the lowest total GGR since launch.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.10.22 – North Carolina Sports Betting Bill On Hold As Deadline Nears
- Heading into the North Carolina legislative session last month, proponents were extremely bullish on the prospects of legalizing online sports betting. That optimism is still alive despite several weeks of inaction.