- NJ Online Gambling, 6.18.19 – Can Sports Betting Expansion Carry Online Poker To Broader Legalization?
- New Jersey online poker players got their wish in November 2013 when legal, regulated online games launched just days after Delaware did — with the two states later entering into an interstate compact alongside Nevada.
- Play NJ, 6.18.19 – Online Casino Growth Shows No Signs Of Slowing Down In New Jersey
- May 2019 was the second best month in the almost six-year history of New Jersey online gambling. Overall, the state’s operators tallied $36.6 million in online gambling (casino and poker) revenue for the month, with online sports betting adding another $13.7 million to the industry’s revenue tally.
- Online Poker Report, 6.18.19 – PokerStars Might Finally Get A Brick-And-Mortar US Poker Room, In Pennsylvania
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board broke all sorts of news in what turned out to be an eventful hearing on Wednesday. There was the impending rebrand of SugarHouse Casino as Rivers Philadelphia. There was also the approval of the state’s first mini-casino.
- Sports Handle, 6.17.19 – Proposed D.C. Sports Betting Regulations: No Betting On Local Colleges
- The D.C. Lottery on Friday posted its proposed sports betting regulations and if there is any news, it is this: Betting on D.C. college teams or events, in the District or out, would be prohibited. Whether or not college sports could be bet on was not addressed in the law.
- The Tennessean, 6.17.19 – From Phones In Cars To Online Gambling, Here’s A Look At New Tennessee Laws Taking Effect July 1
- Lawmakers approved hundreds of bills during the legislative session of the 111th Tennessee General Assembly. Many will go into effect next month, while others will begin later this year and on Jan. 1. From handheld phone use to online sports gambling, here’s a look at 12 of the new state laws that will take effect July 1.
- Sports Handle, 6.17.19 – NY State Senator Addabbo Prefers Standalone Legislation To Omnibus Bill
- New York State Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr. describes himself as an eternal optimist. This week, as the New York state legislative session draws to a close, Addabbo’s fortitude could be tested. With at least three days remaining in the session, Addabbo is hopeful that his bill on sports betting can pass in the Senate. In the Assembly, the prospects of passage for a parallel bill authored by J. Gary Pretlow, are less certain.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.17.19 – NY Sports Betting Bill Clears Senate Hurdle, But Many More Await
- As New York Sen. Joseph Addabbo Jr. told Legal Sports Report earlier Monday, his NY sports betting legislation cleared the Senate on a 57-5 vote. He also believes there is general support in the Assembly to pass the bill if leadership allows it to happen.
- Sports Handle, 6.17.19 – Sports Betting Bill Passes New York Senate As Debate On Mobile Continues
- With mere days left in the legislative session, a closely watched sports betting bill passed on Monday in the New York Senate even as the future of mobile sports wagering in the Empire State remains unresolved. The measure, S 17D moved through the Senate Rules Committee Monday before advancing to the Senate floor for a full vote.
- PA Online Casino, 6.17.19 – DOJ Delaying Enforcement Of New Wire Act Opinion Until 2020
- The US Department of Justice is biding time until early 2020 to enforce its new opinion on the Wire Act. On Wednesday, Online Poker Report obtained and published a memorandum written by Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 6.17.19 – Who’s To Blame For All Of These Bad Gambling Bills?
- From online gambling to sports betting to land-based casino expansion, state lawmakers have passed a plethora of gaming bills over the last few years. The problem is that few, if any, of the enacted laws would be classified as “good” by the industry.
- Play NJ, 6.17.19 – Here’s A Preview Of The First All American Sports Betting Summit At Monmouth
- The inaugural All American Sports Betting Summit (AASBS) is coming to Monmouth Park this week. It means New Jersey sports betting will be in the spotlight once again. Eventus International is known for putting together gambling-related conferences around the world.