iDEA Growth Member News
- Bonus.com, 6.22.22 – Evolution Acquires The Edgiest Name In Slots Design, Nolimit City
- B2B gambling giant Evolution is growing bigger still. It announced today that it would acquire the unique slots developer Nolimit City. The deal is worth an immediate €200 million ($210 million) in cash, plus additional payments contingent on performance. If maxed out, these could make the deal worth €340 million ($358 million) in total.
- US Bets, 6.22.22 – Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Booking The Drafts
- Respected bookmaker Johnny Avello has been involved in the betting industry since the 1970s and previously managed the Las Vegas sportsbooks at Bally’s and the Wynn. Now the director of race and sportsbook operations for DraftKings, Avello was recently inducted into the Sports Betting Hall of Fame.
- Bonus.com, 6.21.22 – LuckyTap Games At Golden Nugget Casino – What Are Non-Spinning Slots?
- LuckyTap is a type of game from Design Works Gaming (DWG) that became available at Golden Nugget Online Casino in December of last year. While it is exclusively available in New Jersey for the time being, the DWG plans to bring its game to other states and online casinos in the near future through a partnership with Light & Wonder (formerly Scientific Games).
- SBC Americas, 6.21.22 – bet365 named official betting partner of PGA Tour
- Sportsbook operator bet365 has agreed to a three-year content and marketing agreement with the PGA Tour, becoming an official betting partner of the golf competition.
- Play USA, 6.21.22 – Louisiana Takes The Big L In May 2022 Sports Betting Revenue
- That razz has become – in a twisted way – reality. The Louisiana State Police reported the May sports betting revenue numbers (why it’s the Louisiana State Police is a long story), showing that the retail sportsbooks and mobile operators in my home state earned a win rate of 15.1%, claiming $25.7 million in winnings for the house.
- NJ Gambling, 6.21.22 – WHEEL OF FORTUNE CASINO TO MAKE NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT IN NEW JERSEY ‘THIS YEAR’
- TV’s Wheel of Fortune fans will soon have a casino dedicated to real-money online slots games using the show’s branding. The new Wheel of Fortune Casino is coming later this year, according to BetMGM, the company behind the idea.
- Sports Handle, 6.21.22 – North Carolina Sports Wagering Bills Advance Through House Committee
- A pair of sports betting bills passed through the North Carolina House Judiciary I Committee on Tuesday evening. The passage is a step forward for potential legalization of mobile sports wagering within the state, but several steps remain before the bill becomes law, and the state’s legislative session ends on June 30.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.21.22 – North Carolina Sports Betting Suddenly Looking Promising Again
- North Carolina lawmakers kept mobile sports betting hopes alive by pushing two bills through the House Judiciary 1 Committee on Tuesday. One of the NC sports betting bills that advanced, SB 688, sets the base for mobile sports betting in North Carolina. The committee also passed SB 38, inserting an amendment over a non-sports-related bill that raises SB 688’s proposed tax rate and license fee.
- Raleigh News and Observer, 6.21.22 – Two versions of sports betting bill are moving in NC legislature: Here’s how they differ
- Two bills to legalize sports betting in North Carolina moved forward Tuesday, with bipartisan support as well as bipartisan opposition. Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper has previously said North Carolina should legalize it, and last year the Republican-led N.C. Senate passed a bill to do just that.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.21.22 – Two Mobile Sportsbooks First To Apply For Ohio Sports Betting Licenses
- Two nationally-known mobile sportsbooks were the first to apply for an Ohio sports betting license last week. BetMGM and PointsBet both applied for mobile management service provider licenses, which would authorize them to launch online sports betting in Ohio. The two applications are the first of around 3,000 expected before sports betting launches Jan. 1. Mobile, retail and kiosk betting at lottery retailers must launch simultaneously according to HB 29.