- Legal Sports Report, 6.24.19 – This Week In Sports Betting: So New York, We’re Really Doing This Again?
- Lawmakers have mostly gone home for summer vacation. Their exodus creates a brief lull in the legislative calendar, though the second wave of states is now preparing to roll out their regulated industries. Nine of them, plus the District of Columbia, have laws on the books pending launch.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 6.24.19 – Rivers Casino Ready To Kick Off Its Online Sports Betting
- The Rivers Casino plans to launch its online sports betting website and app on a test basis Tuesday, enabling gamblers watching games on their sofas, in bars, at an arena or anywhere else in Pennsylvania to get wagers down quickly.
- Michigan Radio, 6.23.19 – Whitmer And State Lawmakers In Standoff Over Online Gaming
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer is pushing back against legislation to allow online casino gambling in Michigan. Whitmer is worried that if people are playing online casino games, they won’t play state lottery games.
- Online Poker Report, 6.24.19 – California Sports Betting, Online Poker Helped By Tribes’ Loss In Court?
- A trio of California gaming tribes saw their efforts to stop casino-style games at the state’s cardrooms meet an untimely demise in federal court last week. The seeming resolution at least opens a small crack in the door for the possibility of sports betting and online poker in the state.
- US Bets, 6.24.19 – Encore Boston Harbor Starts Sportsbook Preparations Despite No State Legalization Yet
- Massachusetts state lawmakers still have to sort through crafting a legal and regulatory structure for sports betting ahead of possible passage of a bill in 2019, but in the meantime the state’s newest casino is already preparing.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Payment Week, 6.21.19 – Paysafe Lands Award Win Mobile Payments Development
- Gambling in the United States is big business, as it is most everywhere else. All that gambling means a lot of money, and a lot of money to keep track of and routed to the appropriate places.
- SBC News, 6.21.19 – Round Table – Kambi: The Future Of Sportsbook Personalisation
- Some of the leading suppliers to the sports betting industry offered their insights into the future for sportsbook personalisation based on automated customer segmentation, advanced behavioural analysis and predictive AI-driven models.
Overall Industry News:
- AP, 6.24.19 – High Rollers: Eldorado Buys Caesars In Deal Valued At $17B
- A casino juggernaut was formed Monday when Eldorado Resorts announced it is buying Caesars in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $17.3 billion. The acquisition will put about 60 casino-resorts in 16 states under a single name, Caesars, creating the largest gambling operator in the United States.
- Sports Handle, 6.24.19 – Eldorado’s Caesars Acquisition A Game Changer For Sports Wagering Companies
- The announcement that Eldorado Resorts Inc. has purchased Caesars Entertainment Corp. will drastically alter the U.S. sports betting landscape. Perhaps, not right away, but in the near future.