iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 6.27.22 – BetMGM opens private live dealer studio in Michigan
- Sports betting and igaming operator BetMGM has opened its private live dealer studio in the state of Michigan. Built as part of its live casino partnership with Evolution, BetMGM launched its live dealer offering in the Great Lake State in July 2021.
- SBC Americas, 6.27.22, DraftKings and Chicago Cubs host beam signing ceremony for Wrigley Field sportsbook
- DraftKings Inc and the Chicago Cubs have hosted a beam signing ceremony to commemorate the topping off of the soon-to-be-completed DraftKings Sportsbook at Wrigley Field. Designed by Gensler and slated to be completed in 2023, the two-story retail sportsbook will be located on the corner of Addison Street and Sheffield Avenue at the southeast corner of Wrigley Field.
- Play Ohio, 6.27.22 – DraftKings, JACK Entertainment Apply For Sports Betting Licenses In Ohio
- Two more big names have filed applications to operate sportsbooks in Ohio: DraftKings and JACK Entertainment. DraftKings submitted its application to provide online sports betting in Ohio June 22. DraftKings does not have a partner yet, but in 2019 it secured market access through Penn National Gaming. Penn currently operates two casinos and two racinos in Ohio.
- iGB, 6.24.22 – DraftKings launches new igaming products in West Virginia
- DraftKings launched a new set of igaming products in West Virginia today (June 24), including roulette, baccarat and infinite blackjack. These new online games are in addition to DraftKings’ original offerings, which first launched in West Virginia in July 2020 after legislation to introduce sports betting in the state was passed one year prior. It was the first operator to enter the state’s market.
- Play CA, 6.24.22 – Fresno City Leaders Urge ‘No’ Vote On Tribal Gaming Measure
- Any uncertainty about were Central Valley leaders stood on the Tribal Sports Wagering Act is now clear, with several voicing their opinions at a press conference this past week. Fresno city leaders are urging a “no” vote on the tribal gaming act. The tribal gaming act is an initiative eligible for November’s ballot. If approved, in-person sports betting will be allowed exclusively at tribal casinos and certain racetracks in California. Tribal casinos could also offer dice games and roulette.
- The Center Square, 6.24.22 – North Carolina sports betting bills hit with setback, but authors say they’re not ‘totally dead’
- Supporters of legislation to legalize sports betting in North Carolina are holding out hope despite a narrow vote this week to reject one of two bills to make it happen. “It’s not totally dead,” Rep. Jason Saine, R-Lincoln, who has worked to negotiate the legislation, told WRAL. “We may end up with a bill before the end of session that will serve for sports betting,” he said. “Don’t know yet.”
- Play WV, 6.27.22 – What Goes Up Must Come Down: WV Online Casino Revenue Takes A Dip In May
- For the first time in four months, West Virginia online casino revenue failed to reach at least $8 million. It totaled around $7.7 million during May betting. This breaks the streak of three consecutive months exceeding that mark, including March, when revenue set the current record with almost $8.4 million.