iDEA Growth in the News:
- EGR, 6.27.19 – Washington, D.C. Mobile Betting Faces Delays As Intralot Contract Is Reconsidered ( Ifrah quoted as spokesperson)
- Mobile betting in Washington DC could face huge delays as the Council of the District of Columbia reconsiders the state lottery’s proposed contract with Greek supplier Intralot.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 6.27.19 – Rivers Casino Receives Approval For Online Sports Betting
- As expected, Rivers Casino’s new online sports betting website and app received approval Thursday from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to begin full-time operations following a successful two-day test period this week.
- The Tribune-Democrat, 6.27.19 – Casinos Seek To Get Lottery Online Games Squashed
- Representatives of the state’s casinos began making their case on Thursday that online games run by the state Lottery are too similar to games they’d like to begin offering in July.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.27.19 – California Sports Betting Bill Appears Suddenly, But What Are Its Chances?
- For the second year in a row, a pair of California lawmakers introduced a sports betting bill on Thursday. Last year’s bill did not move out of committee, but a recent change in the state’s gambling landscape presents a fresh stage for 2019.
- ESPN, 6.27.19 – Sports-Wagering Bill Introduced In California
- A California assemblyman on Thursday introduced legislation that aims to authorize sports betting. California Assemblyman Adam Gray said ACA 16, a proposed state constitutional amendment, is the start of a complex push for sports betting that will be followed by a series of joint informational hearings with the senate.
- WTOP, 6.27.19 – DC Sports Betting Contract ‘Reeks Of Pay-To-Play’
- Some members of the D.C. Council are again raising questions about Intralot and the gaming company’s ties to others with political connections in the city as it debates approval of a sports betting contract between the D.C. Lottery and Intralot.
- Sports Handle, 6.28.19 – Pritzker To Make Sports Betting Law In Illinois Friday
- Later this morning as part of a “Bill Signing Tour” that will take Governor J.B. Pritzker across Illinois, the state will become the fifth this year — and biggest by population — to officially legalize sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.27.19 – What You Need To Know About How Illinois Sports Betting Really Went Down
- Governor J.B. Pritzker is expected to Illinois sports betting into law Friday in Springfield, the culmination of a winding and messy months-long process.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 6.27.19 – Gamechanger? DraftKings Appears Close To Buying Online Gambling Company SBTech
- DraftKings is on the cusp of acquiring online gambling and sports betting company SBTech, multiple sources have told Legal Sports Report.
- NJ Gambling Sites, 6.27.19 – Can Golden Nugget AC Hit This Milestone For Online Gambling?
- Golden Nugget has been the king of online gambling in New Jersey since 2016. And ever since then, its monthly revenues have garnered headlines.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 6.27.19 – Move Over, Nevada: New Jersey Is Now the Sports-Betting King
- New Jersey legalized sports betting a year ago, and last month the state’s operators passed a major milestone. For the first time, sports bettors wagered more in New Jersey than in Nevada, which for decades was the lone, dominant state in the sports-betting landscape.
- New York Post, 6.27.19 – New Jersey Takes Over $318M Sports Bets, More Than Nevada
- While New York lawmakers waffled over legal sports betting, New Jersey was raking in the dough, according to a new report.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.27.19 – Jersey Sure! NJ Sports Betting Passes Nevada For The First Time
- Just one year after the advent of legal sports betting in the United States, New Jersey became the nation’s most active state.