iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 6.3.20 – GVC Highlights CSR Efforts With Launch Of GVC Foundation US Promo
- Looking to publicize its existing CSR initiatives, GVC Holdings has launched a video detailing the ambitions of its non-profit organization GVC Foundation US.
- iGB, 6.3.20 – Study: Bettors Not Shifting To Casino Under Lockdown
- The first empirical study examining player behaviour before and after countries locked down to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) has found casino activity among sports bettors has declined since March 7.
Overall Industry News:
- iGB, 6.4.20 – Bayes Whitepaper Flags Value Of Data For Esports Betting Growth
- A whitepaper from Bayes Esports Solutions highlights a need for the esports sector to better leverage data, similar to traditional sports if it is to become an established market for betting and spectators.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.4.20 – As Vegas Casinos Reopen, Gaming Lobby Seeks Shield Against Virus Lawsuits (subscription paywall)
- With the gaming community focused on Las Vegas on Thursday as Nevada casinos reopen for the first time in almost three months, the industry’s chief lobbying arm in Washington, D.C. is advocating legislation to block lawsuits by victims of coronavirus.
- NJ Online Gambling, 6.3.20 – Atlantic City Casinos Under Siege May Get Tax Relief
- The Atlantic City casino industry could benefit from state legislation designed to bolster the bottom lines of sites that have been closed due to a worldwide pandemic since mid-March.
- Penn Bets, 6.3.20 – Two PA Casinos To Reopen Tuesday For First Time Since Mid-March
- The Meadows Racetrack & Casino and Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh plan to end lengthy shutdowns due to COVID-19 health concerns by reopening Tuesday.
- PlayPennsylvania, 6.3.20 – PA Attorney General Quietly Halts Enforcement Vs Unlicensed Slot Machines
- The administration of Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf made a lot of posturing noise about going after unlicensed slots devices back in January when a temporary injunction issued in 2018 was lifted. But that’s now quietly on hold.
- PlayWV, 6.3.20 – Ready, Set, Open: What You Should Know Before Visiting WV Casinos When They Reopen June 5
- Finally, after months of shutting down, WV casinos are set to reopen at the end of the week.
- The Sports Daily, 6.4.20 – Ohio State Ready For Betting Legislation
- Last Thursday, lawmakers in the Ohio House of Representatives gathered to discuss whether the state was prepared to legalize sports betting.
- PlayMichigan, 6.3.20 – Detroit Casinos Await Green Light As Most Of Michigan’s Tribal Casinos Reopen
- While three commercial casinos in Detroit await the go-ahead from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, nearly 23 Michigan tribal casinos are either open or plan to reopen soon.
- Sports Handle, 6.3.20 – Illinois Gaming Board Proposes Rule Clarification For Mobile Sports Wagering
- The Illinois Gaming Board last week proposed an emergency rule change in relation to branding for mobile and internet sports betting, aiming to clarify distinctions for casinos and sports venues.
- PlayIA, 6.3.20 – Most Every Casino In Iowa Is Now Open, But At 50% Capacity
- Monday marked the first day Iowa’s 19 commercial casinos were allowed to operate in 75 days thanks to an order signed by Gov. Kim Reynolds last week.
- PlayIndiana, 6.3.20 – First To The Finish Line? Four Winds Casino Gears Up For Return
- Four Winds Casino in South Bend, IN, could reopen by mid-June.
- TN Bets, 6.3.20 – No Sports Gaming Operator License Filings Have Been Submitted Yet In Tennessee
- Tennessee is still planning to launch sports betting later this summer or early this fall ahead of — or around the time of — football season.
- PlayColorado, 6.3.20 – Anxious Colorado Casinos Continue To Play The Waiting Game
- Even as dozens of casinos start to reopen across the country, all Colorado casinos can do is wait for the “go” signal from state leaders.
- Gambling Compliance, 6.4.20 – Coronavirus Pandemic Pushes Nevada Regulators To Consider Cashless Gaming (subscription paywall)
- As Nevada’s casinos reopen on Thursday after a 78-day closure, the state’s top gaming regulator believes it is time to allow cashless transactions that are made every day in coffee shops or supermarkets to come to the casino.
- PlayUSA, 6.3.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Las Vegas Casinos Receive Green Light To Reopen On June 4
- After months of quarantining, states across the country have started allowing businesses to reopen. Closed since mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic, casinos have begun resuming operations.
- PlayNevada, 6.3.20 – Your Las Vegas Experience Is Getting Closer To Touchless
- Casinos closing to help slow the spread of coronavirus might be the catalyst that they need to speed up the use of new technology.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.3.20 – Could Pro League Support Be Hidden Key To CA Sports Betting Push?
- The majority of American professional sports leagues lined up this week to support a legislative try for CA sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.3.20 – How California Sports Betting Hearing Shows Pitfalls Ahead For Bill
- Legislation to legalize California sports betting took its first step forward on Tuesday. But testimony in the Senate Governmental Organization Committee hearing showed the bill faces a contentious path.
- SBC Americas, 6.4.20 – California Tribes Versus Cardrooms: A Bridge Too Far For Sports Betting?
- While the US sports betting sector welcomed last week’s news regarding California and the latest steps taken towards achieving legal sports wagering in the state, one thing it did highlight was how deep a rift exists between tribal interests and the state’s cardrooms.
- PlayCA, 6.3.20 – Hotly Contested CA Sports Betting Bill Advances Out Of Committee
- The California Senate Governmental Organization Committee held a hearing on a sports betting legalization amendment Tuesday, but spent little time debating the legalization of sports betting.
- Fox 26 News, 6.3.20 – Valley Assemblyman Pushes To Qualify Sports Betting Measure On The November Ballot
- Will California become the 15th state to make sports betting legal? Valley Assemblyman Adam Gray is doing what he can to get the initiative on the November ballot.