iDEA Growth Member News:
- MI Bets, 6.7.21: PayNearMe Launches In Michigan, Giving Residents Other Deposit Options (FanDuel mentioned)
- Michigan bettors and online casino players have a new way to make deposits and withdrawals on their sportsbook accounts, as PayNearMe was granted approval by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) to open up shop in the Wolverine State.
- TN Bets, 6.7.21: Does DraftKings, Boost Mobile Deal Rub Up Against TN Rule Prohibiting Retail Books?
- DraftKings and Boost Mobile are now together in a sports gambling partnership that is supposed to eventually see mobile devices sold by Boost Mobile having the DraftKings Sportsbook app pre-installed. Would that square with Tennessee’s regulations for sports gambling?
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 6.8.21: SBC Digital North America Set To Bring Together Industry’s Biggest Names
- This week’s SBC Digital North America conference and expo is set to bring together all the major players in the US and Canadian markets to discuss the current status of and future prospects for the region’s sports betting and igaming industries.
Sports League News:
- Axios, 6.8.21: Scoop: MLB partnering with sports betting analysis site Action Network
- MLB and the Action Network, a sports betting data and analysis site, have entered into a multi-platform content partnership, Axios has learned.
- IGB, 6.8.21: Louisiana Governor Signs Off On Sports Betting Tax Bill
- Louisiana has taken a step closer to legal sports wagering after Governor John Bel Edwards signed the first of two bills required to regulate betting in the US state.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.7.21: One Louisiana Sports Betting Bill Down, One More To Go
- Gov. John Bel Edwards signed the first of two Louisiana sports betting bills needed to launch sports betting in the state on Monday.
- Philadelphia Inquirer, 6.6.21: Philly Tech Start-up Sporttrade Has A New Model For Sports Betting, And It Looks A Lot Like A Stock Exchange
- Alex Kane traces the origin of his Big Idea to revolutionize sports betting to his junior year at Drexel University, when he and his father placed a wager on an obscure Thai golfer to win the 2016 Masters Tournament.
- Action Network, 6.7.21: Online Tribal Sports Betting Explainer: Why the Florida Seminoles May Not Have Online Gaming
- Sovereign tribal nations in Arizona and Connecticut are both expecting to launch online sportsbooks as early as this year. The Seminole Tribe of Florida hopes to do the same, but legal analysts believe federal statute will prevent them from doing so.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.7.21: Mark Miami Beach Mayor A No On Compact To Bring Sports Betting To Florida
- In a story in the Miami Herald, a letter from Gelber to the DOI requests that the federal agency rejects the new compact, and send the Seminole Tribe of Florida and Governor Ron DeSantis back to square one.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.7.21: NY Sports Betting Regulator Answers More Questions As RFP Approaches
- The New York State Gaming Commission answered more mobile NY sports betting questions as companies prepare for the upcoming RFP.
- Legal Sports Report, 6.7.21: Slow And Steady Wins The Race For Sports Betting In Canada?
- A Canadian Senate committee advanced C-218, which legalizes single-game sports betting in Canada, to the full chamber on Friday