Industry News of the Day for March 11, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 3.11.22: Draftkings Premiers Programming For Men’s College Basketball Bracket Reveal
- DraftKings has announced it will launch a live broadcast programming schedule for this weekend’s Men’s College Basketball Tournament bracket reveal.
- SBC, 3.11.22: Fanduel Launches Sportsbook App In Wyoming
- FanDuel Group has announced the launch of its sportsbook app in the state of Wyoming.
- Play MI, 3.10.22: Detroit City FC Inks Deal With Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Detroit City FC announced Thursday an iGaming partnership with Golden Nugget Sportsbook MI.
- Play USA, 3.10.22: 888 Licensed In Ontario As Launch Approaches For Sports Betting, Casino, Poker
- A month before online gambling was set to launch in Canada, 888 was granted a license to offer sports betting, casino and poker by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. Online gaming in Ontario is set to launch on April 4.
- ESPN, 3.10.22: FAQ: Calvin Ridley Exemplifies Challenge Of Stopping Players From Betting (Jeff Ifrah and Anna Sainsbury quoted)
- Atlanta Falcons receiver Calvin Ridley is the biggest name to be suspended for gambling since legal sports betting began spreading in the United States four years ago.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.10.22: FanDuel Pausing Connecticut DFS Until NFL Season For Updates
- FanDuel confirmed to LSR that its daily fantasy sports contests will not return to Connecticut until closer to the NFL season:
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 3.11.22: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.10.22: Will NY Sports Betting Market See More New Apps This Year?
- Assemblyman Gary Pretlow and Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr. want to see more operators in the NY sports betting market – but not at the risk of tax dollars.
- Sports Handle, 3.10.22: Maryland Sports Betting Handle Slips To $25.5 Million For February
- Maryland Lottery and Gaming reported February sports betting handle totaling $25.5 million on Thursday, as bettors appeared to have fared well with Super Bowl wagering, holding operators below $1 million in gross gaming revenue.
- Play USA, 3.10.22: Alabama Senate Committee Gives Favorable Reports To Gambling Proposals
- State lottery, slots, sports betting, and table games are one step closer to a possible future reality in Alabama. On Wednesday afternoon, a state Senate committee advanced an Alabama gambling amendment proposal and an accompanying bill.
- WKBN, 3.11.22: Preparations Underway For Legal Sports Betting In Ohio
- As the MAC Championship tipped off in Cleveland Thursday, preparations were underway for Ohioans to legally bet on sports, including college sports, next year at this time.
- IGB, 3.10.22: Oregon Online Sports Betting Handle Reaches $39.5m In February
- Players in Oregon wagered $39.5m on sports online during February, while gross gaming revenue from sports betting reached $3.3m for the month.
- NBC Chicago, 3.11.22: Illinois Gaming Board Pulls Plug on Russian Sports Betting Following Ukraine Invasion
- While President Joe Biden is going after Russian oligarchs’ bank accounts, Illinois gambling regulators are going after their sports betting markets.
- SBC, 3.11.22: Illinois Sportsbooks Begin 2022 With Record Monthly Handle
- Illinois’ sportsbooks started 2022 with a bang, posting a record monthly handle of almost $870m for January thanks to a packed sporting calendar.
- Play IL, 3.10.22: Illinois Sportsbooks Set New High In January With Nearly $870 Million In Wagers
- Illinois sportsbooks kicked 2022 off with a surge of betting, raising the monthly handle in January to nearly $870 million for the first time.
- KARE 11, 3.11.22: Sports Betting Catching On Nationwide
- After years of rejecting sports betting, state governments across the country are embracing it. With a brand new bill officially on the table with support from both DFL and Republican lawmakers it looks like Minnesota could soon follow suit.