iDEA Growth Member News
- iGB North America, 3.15.21 – Bally’s Atlantic City Opens FanDuel Retail Sportsbook
- Ahead of the college basketball season’s tip-off, Flutter Entertainment’s FanDuel Group and Bally’s Corporation have opened a retail sportsbook in the casino operator’s Atlantic City property.
- CNBC, 3.13.21 – Here’s Where Sports Betting Is Legal, And The 19 States Set To Vote On It This Year
- Nineteen states will decide whether to legalize sports betting this year, either through voter referendum or state legislature statute.
- The Action Network, 3.12.21 – Legal Sports Betting Bill Updates: Where Georgia, Arizona & 4 Other States Stand
- No state has technically passed a sports betting bill into legalization in 2021, but one state legislature has passed a bill while another five have advanced bills through at least one of their legislature’s chambers.
- Sports Handle, 3.12.21 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Maryland Framework, Alabama No Go, Illinois Handle Surges, More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top US sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- ESPN, 3.14.21 – American Gaming Association Says 47 Million Americans Will Bet On NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament
- Fewer Americans expect to fill out brackets for the NCAA’s college basketball tournament this year, but the overall number of people making bets on March Madness should remain about the same as the last time the tournament was held, according to the gambling industry’s national trade association.
- iGB North America, 3.15.21 – March Madness Online Wagering Set To Surge As Tournament Betting Evolves
- New findings from the American Gaming Association (AGA) have revealed that more than 17 million Americans will use online betting to wager on the March Madness tournament in 2021, a rise of 206% from 2019.
- Sports Handle, 3.12.21 – NCAA Tournament Favorites Missing From The Madness In Illinois & Virginia
- March will be the biggest sports betting month yet thanks to an influx of new bettors who for the first time can place wagers on the NCAA Tournament.
- Business Insider, 3.12.21 – New Jersey Is Still The Capitol Of Sports Betting According To New Data, With Nearly $1 Billion In Bets
- According to new data from the Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) obtained by Sports Handle on Wednesday, New Jersey led the country with a $958.7 million sports betting handle, over $300 million more than second-place Nevada with $646.5 million.
- PlayPennsylvania, 3.12.21 – Why Isn’t The BetMGM and Buffalo Wings Partnership Flying in PA?
- Representatives told PlayPennsylvania that they plan to launch the partnership in Pennsylvania Buffalo Wild Wings, but the geolocation technology for the enhanced odds feature is not yet live in PA.
- NJ Online Gambling, 3.12.21 – NY State Sen. Addabbo Praises NJ Gov. Murphy’s Attitude Toward Online Gaming
- The push to legalize mobile sports betting and other forms of online gambling is not quite the most headline-grabbing issue in New York state politics these days.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.13.21 – Mobile NY Sports Betting Hopes Receive Major Boost In Assembly Budget
- Hope for mobile NY sports betting dies year after year in the New York State Assembly. In 2021, though, it appears the lower chamber will give life to its chances.
- Sports Handle, 3.12.21 – Albany Law Panel: New York State Must Stop Dragging Feet On Mobile Sports Betting
- With a looming deadline for the passage of New York’s new fiscal year budget less than a month away, the debate on legalizing mobile sports betting in the Empire State continues to intensify.
- Gambling.com, 3.12.21 – As Online Sports Betting Debate Heats Up, NY Sees Revenue Drop
- One-house budget proposals are coming on Monday and it could not have come at a better time for sports gaming in New York. Those proposals could provide a path to online sports betting in the state.
- PlayVirginia, 3.12.21 – New Bill Makes Laws On Gray Gambling Machines More Black And White
- Virginia law enforcement will have the latitude it needs to finally clamp down on illegal gambling machines and their operators.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.12.21 – William Hill Makes It A Fiver With Launch In TN Sports Betting Market
- William Hill is the latest sportsbook to go live in the TN sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.12.21 – Indiana Sports Betting Dips After Five Months of Record Handle
- Following five consecutive record monthly handles, Indiana bettors wagered $273.9 million, according to a state report released Friday. That’s down from the $348.2 million bet in January.
- iGB North America, 3.15.21 – Kansas Sports Betting Bill Referred To House Committee
- A bill to legalize online and retail sports betting in the state of Kansas has been referred to the House Committee on Federal and State Affairs after passing the Senate, where it began, earlier this month.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.12.21 – Can New Texas Sports Betting Bills Cross The Goal Line This Term?
- Two lawmakers filed bipartisan legislation this week that would legalize casinos and sports betting in Texas. HJR133 was filed in the House on Tuesday, with SJR49 filed in the Senate.