iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 3.17.22: PointsBet Rolls Out New In-Game Betting Products In Time For March Madness
- Before joining PointsBet last fall, Kyle Christensen broadened his resume through stints with some of the most prominent companies in Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Overall Industry News:
- New York Times, 3.17.22: Can A.I. Help Casinos Cut Down on Problem Gambling?
- A.I. as a solution to problem gambling “raised far more questions than it did answers,” said Mr. Feldman, now a distinguished fellow in responsible gambling at the International Gaming Institute at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Play PA, 3.17.22: Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Slip Into Post-Football Slowdown
- Pennsylvania’s online and retail sportsbooks slowed to less than $600 million in wagering in February, an expected post-football hangover leading to the state’s lowest monthly handle since September.
- CBS 8, 3.17.22: Californians To Vote On Whether To Legalize Sports Betting This November
- With March Madness here, an estimated 45 million Americans will bet more than $3 billion in total on this year’s Big Dance: wagers that are currently not legal here in California.
- Play VA, 3.17.22: Washington DC Sportsbooks Rebound In February With Handle Reaching $19.1 Million
- Washington, D.C. sportsbooks rebounded last month as February 2022 sports betting handle in the nation’s capital reached nearly $19.1 million.
- CBS 4, 3.87.22: March Madness Begins As Massachusetts Sports Gambling Is In Limbo
- “It’s happening,” one bargoer said. “Why not just make it legal?” He’s talking about sports betting in Massachusetts.
- WJHL, 3.17.22: ‘Here To Stay’: Sports Betting Numbers Skyrocketing In TN & VA, Across The Country
- In just over a year, the legal sports betting industry has blossomed in Tennessee and Virginia, matching a national trend.
- IGB, 3.17.22: Michigan Posts Record Internet Gaming Revenue In February
- Michigan saw record internet gaming gross receipts in February 2022, but combined online gambling figures – also including sports betting – were down from the previous month.
- Play MI, 3.17.22: Michigan Online Sports Betting Handle And Promos Grow Year Over Year
- The first year of online sports betting was a strong one in the state of Michigan.
- IGB, 3.17.22: Kansas To Consider New Sports Betting Bill
- The Kansas House of Representatives is to run the rule over a new bill that seeks to legalize online and retail sports betting in the US state, with operators entering into contracts with the state lottery.
- FOX 23, 3.17.22: Maine Lawmakers Consider Two Bills To Allow Sports Betting
- Sports betting in Maine is back on the table
- News Center Maine, 3.18.22: Sports Betting Proposal Headed For Debate In Full Maine Legislature
- A proposal from Gov. Janet Mills to allow sports gambling in Maine, with what may be the most lucrative portion reserved for the state’s four Indian tribes, has passed a committee vote and is headed for the full Legislature.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.17.22: Bill To Legalize Maine Sports Betting Takes Big Step
- A sports betting section remains a crucial point of discussion to a bill in Maine aimed at strengthening relations between the state and its tribes.