Industry News of the Day for March 2, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- PlayIA, 3.2.21 – DraftKings Report Underscores Significance Of Remote Registration
- Did DraftKings benefit from the sunset of the on-site sportsbook registration requirement in Iowa?
- PlayIllinois, 3.1.21 – Keys To Par-A-Dice? FanDuel Relocates Online License, Opens Door For BetMGM Illinois
- FanDuel Sportsbook has officially transferred its sports betting license from Par-A-Dice Casino to FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing.
- Sports Handle, 3.1.21 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Mid-Major Conference Tournaments, NBA All-Star Game, And Florida Legislative Session Begins
- The “What’s On Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.1.21 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Golden Knights Come To Their Senses
- There’s no denying the top story last week: the Vegas Golden Knights shocked the sports betting world with a tout partnership.
- PlayUSA, 3.1.21 – Where Pro Sports Team Owners Stand On Legal Sports Betting?
- What do pro sports team owners think of legal sports betting? PlayUSA is polling owners and perusing their track records for clues.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 3.1.21 – Will Google’s Change In Stance On Gambling Apps Boost Growth For US Online Casinos?
- As of March 1, Google has updated its policies to allow gambling apps onto the Google Play Store. This includes not only real money casino apps, but also sportsbooks, iLottery and daily fantasy sports.
- Axios, 3.2.21 – Casinos Throw Cash At Sports Betting Media
- Casinos are investing millions on sports betting content to lure bettors to their online and in-person sportsbooks.
- CNBC, 3.2.21 – Software Company Simplebet Raises $15 Million For New Sports-Betting Service
- Simplebet has raised $15 million in its latest financing round as the software company looks to enhance its sports betting products.
- The Connecticut Mirror, 3.1.21 – CT Lottery Insists It’s Closed A Dark Chapter And Is Ready For Growth, Online Sales And Sports Betting
- Two years ago, the new chief executive of the Connecticut Lottery Corp. invited lawmakers and reporters to hear his vision of a gambling future in which CT Lottery could take bets on sports and make lottery games available online.
- iGB North America, 3.2.21 – Delaware Sports Betting Revenue Climbs To $1.7M In January
- Sports wagering revenue in Delaware increased 13.3% year-on-year in January, as players in the U.S. state bet $11.7m on sports during the month.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 3.1.21 – In The First 11 Days Of Legal Sports Betting, Virginians Wagered $58.89 Million
- Virginia took a gradual approach to launching sports betting, but gamblers were all-in right out of the gate.
- Sports Handle, 3.1.21 – Virginia Operators Generate Nearly $59M In Sports Betting Handle In 11 Days
- A first snapshot of sports betting revenue numbers showed Virginia isn’t just for lovers.
- PlayVirginia, 3.1.21 – Virginia Sportsbooks Collect $59 Million Handle In 11 Days Of January Launch
- Bettors wagered nearly $59 million at licensed sportsbooks during the first 11 days of legal sports betting in Virginia.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.1.21 – Bills Expanding Virginia Sports Betting Headed To Governor’s Desk
- Two bills that will expand the already live Virginia sports betting market are just a few steps from the governor’s desk.
- TN Bets, 3.1.21 – TN Approves Buffalo Wild Wings For Sports Betting, But People Have To Use Own Devices
- Buffalo Wild Wings will serve as a vendor for Tennessee’s sports betting market under its relationship with BetMGM.
- PlayMichigan, 3.2.21 – Michigan Provides New Online Gambling Self-Exclusion Tool
- Online gambling in Michigan is just a little more than a month old, and already residents have another way to protect themselves from themselves.
- Sports Handle, 3.1.21 – Barstool Sportsbook Promotes Impending Entrance Into Illinois
- The online sports betting market in Illinois looks to be adding a new player in the near future as Barstool Sportsbook began promoting the availability for bettors to download its app Monday.
- PlayIndiana, 3.1.21 – Carousel Group’s SportsBetting.com Set To Become Indiana’s Latest Attraction
- com is heading to Indiana soon thanks to Carousel Group’s new deal with Caesars Entertainment.
- Omaha World-Herald, 3.1.21 – Nebraska Lawmakers Advance Legislation To Limit Sports Betting, Regulate Casinos
- A legislative package spelling out the limits of sports betting in Nebraska advanced Monday from the General Affairs Committee, along with measures to make permanent some pandemic-driven changes in alcohol licensing.
- PlayTenn, 3.1.21 – Georgia Takes Another Page From Tennessee’s Book With New Senate Bill
- A newly-revised Georgia sports betting bill took another stride through the Senate last week.
- WALB, 3.1.21 – GA House Discusses Bills On Voting, Daylight Saving Time, Sports Betting
- Voting rights, daylight saving time and sports betting are all topics of discussion in the Georgia House of Representatives.
- Sports Handle, 3.2.21 – Florida Sports Betting Simply Won’t Move Without Seminole Tribe
- When the Florida State Legislature opens Tuesday morning, it will do so with sports wagering as part of the docket.
- iGB North America, 3.2.21 – Legal Online And Retail Sports Betting Targeted In New Florida Bill
- Florida’s House of Representatives is to consider a new bill that seeks to legalize online and retail sports wagering in the U.S. state.
- Florida Insider, 3.1.21 – The State Of Sports Gambling In Florida And Why Legislation Might Finally Make It Legal
- The time for sports betting to become legal in Florida may be now.
- WSN, 3.2.21 – Colorado Climbs To Another New Sports Wagering Record Month In January
- Although they’ve barely begun, Colorado is quickly making its way toward potentially being one of the US top five sports wagering states.
- The Action Network, 3.1.21 – Wyoming Sports Betting Bill Could Be Region’s Next Statewide Mobile Hope
- Wyoming lawmakers filed a statewide mobile wagering bill last week that supporters hope will create the region’s newest online betting market.