iDEA Growth in the News:
- Sportsbook Review, 3.1.22: Missouri Puts Off Vote to Legalize Sports Betting (John Pappas quoted)
- After the House Committee on Public Policy discussed the pros and cons of legalizing sports gambling at length on Tuesday, February 22, Missouri lawmakers didn’t vote on or discuss the sports betting legalization bills initially scheduled on the agenda Monday, February 28.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- US Bets, 3.2.22: Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Let’s Talk About Futures
- Welcome to our weekly “Ask a Bookmaker” feature, which answers many of the common (and uncommon!) questions gamblers and enthusiasts have about how sportsbooks operate in the modern age of sports betting.
- Play NY, 3.1.22: FanDuel Ascends To No. 1 In NY Online Sports Betting Market Without Massive Spend
- FanDuel didn’t need to spend extravagantly to ascend to the top spot in New York.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.2.22: Can PointsBet Pick Off Customers As Rivals Cut Sportsbook Spend?
- Operators are bailing out of the US sports betting industry seemingly on a daily basis, but at least one company sees opportunity in the pullback.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 3.1.22: Where Gaming Lawsuits Stand In Courts Across The Country
- Nearly four years after the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was overturned, more than 30 U.S. states and jurisdictions have legalized or launched sports betting.
- SBC, 3.2.22: Virginia Sportsbooks Set New Monthly Handle Record In January
- Virginia’s sportsbooks managed to set a new monthly handle record in January, beating its previous best by more than 13%, according to PlayVirginia, which tracks the state’s sports betting market.
- Play VA, 3.1.22: New Year, New Record: Virginia Sports Betting Reaches Record Levels In January
- Virginia’s sportsbooks collected nearly $500 million in wagers in January, topping the previous record by more than 13%.
- The Center Square, 3.1.22: Officials Predict Big Sports Betting Numbers For March In Illinois
- A sports betting industry insider predicts Illinois will set an all-time state handle record in March and approach $1 billion in bets.
- Yahoo News, 3.2.22: Bill Would Legalize Sports Betting
- A bill filed Monday in Frankfort would legalize sports betting and fantasy sports gambling in Kentucky, while funneling much of the state’s proceeds from fees to the state’s pension system.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.1.22: Kentucky Sports Betting Sees New Push From Familiar Bill
- A new year means another attempt to legalize sports betting is at the starting gates in Kentucky.
- Colorado Gazette, 3.1.22: Colorado Sets Record For Sports Betting In January
- Coloradans dropped more than $573 million on sports bets in January, the most in any given month since sports betting was legalized in the state and it went live in May 2020, the Colorado Division of Gaming announced Tuesday.
- SBC, 3.2.22: Colorado Sportsbooks Monthly Handle Surpasses $500m For First Time
- Colorado sportsbooks kicked off the new year by achieving the state’s first-ever plus $500m monthly handle thanks to strong interest in NFL and NBA action, according to PlayColorado, which tracks the state’s regulated sports betting market.