iDEA Growth in the News:
- Maryland Reporter, 3.28.22: How Much Tax Revenue Could We See From Maryland Sports Betting In The First Year? (John Pappas Quoted)
- As sports betting revs up in Maryland, with retail betting now live and online gambling soon to come, it’s fair to wonder how much tax revenue the industry will bring to the state.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 3.28.22: PointsBet Partners With NBC Sports Chicago For ‘BetCast’ Presentations
- PointsBet has unveiled a partnership with NBC Sports Chicago to launch a three-game series of alternate sports betting presentations covering the Chicago Bulls, titled BetCast.
- SBC, 3.28.22: Sightline Payments Links With J.P. Morgan Payments For Play+ Ecosystem
- Sightline Payments has appointed J.P. Morgan Payments to be the primary merchant acquirer and payments processor for its Play+ Ecosystem.
- Play USA, 3.25.22: Could A FanDuel IPO Be The New Industry Standard? One Analyst Thinks So
- Everyone knows FanDuel is the biggest online sports betting operator in the US.
- US Bets, 3.28.22: FanDuel To Stop Offering Daily Fantasy Sports Contests In Ontario
- Starting on April 1, FanDuel announced on its website, it will no longer offer paid, or free, daily fantasy contests in the province of Ontario due to “changes in government regulations.”
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 3.25.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Inching Closer?
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Yahoo News, 3.27.22: New York Hits Home Run With Mobile Sports Betting
- Mobile sports betting in New York officially launched in January and the state has already set a national record for money pouring into online applications.
- Play NY, 3.28.22: New York Online Sportsbooks Take In $428 Million First Week Of NCAA Tournament
- With the NCAA Tournament kicking off in wild fashion, as usual, NY online sports betting operators combined for $428 million in handle for the week of March 14-20.
- Los Angeles Times, 3.26.22: Arizona Fans Love Freedom To Bet During The NCAA Tournament. Will California Be Next?
- In California, the question is not only when sports gambling will be legalized, but how it will be permitted. The biggest point of contention is whether online gambling should be allowed.
- IGB, 3.25.22: Missouri Sports Betting Bill Passed To State Senate
- A bill that aims to legalize sports betting in Missouri is heading to the state senate after it passed its final house reading yesterday (March 24).
- IGB, 3.25.22: Minnesota Betting Bill Returns To Commerce, Finance And Policy Committee
- A bill that aims to introduce sports wagering in Minnesota has been amended further and re-referred to the House Commerce, Finance and Policy Committee.
- Play USa, 3.25.22: Minnesota Sports Betting Bill’s Got 99 Committees Left But Judiciary Ain’t One
- House Bill 778 made its latest stop Thursday in the Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee.
- IGB, 3.25.22: Connecticut Sports Betting And Igaming Revenue Both Decline In February
- Gross gaming revenue from online casino in Connecticut came to $17.2m, down 8.5% from January, while sports betting revenue hit its lowest total for a full month since launching.