iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 3.29.22: White Hat Gaming Signs Content Deal With BetMGM
- White Hat Gaming has announced it has signed an agreement to supply its slots and table content to online casino operator BetMGM.
- SBC, 3.29.22: Safe Bet Show: The ‘Complex’ Change In Leadership In The US Sports Betting Industry (Martin Lycka of Entain featured)
- Speaking to Martyn Lycka on the latest episode of the Safe Bet Show, Bernhard noted that for operators interested in entering the ‘Gambling Capital of the World’, they must first understand the dynamics of the city to have effective leadership, owing to its ‘complex’ nature.
- SBC, 3.29.22: PointsBet Inks CFL Team Deal Prior To Ontario Sports Betting Launch
- PointsBet Canada continues to add to its partnership portfolio prior to the Ontario sports betting launch.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.22: The Week In Sports Betting News: Is March Madness Booming?
- Happy Monday, everyone. There is no shortage of sports betting news these days, especially with a 15 seed decimating brackets across the country.
- Sports Handle, 3.28.22: What’s On Tap: Duke-UNC In National Semis, Women’s Final Four, And Bet Bash II
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.22: Mobile NY Sports Betting Sees Modest Growth Despite March Madness
- Mobile NY sports betting handle grew week-over-week at the start of March Madness, but more modestly than in past weeks.
- Action Network, 3.29.22: Kansas Sports Betting Bill Hits Snag in House Committee
- A potential Kansas full House vote to legalize sports betting was delayed Tuesday after a bill stalled in committee.
- Boston Herald, 3.29.22: Spilka Looking For “Consensus” On Sports Betting Bill
- Most senators are now on record in support of legalizing sports betting in some form, but Senate President Karen Spilka on Monday would not commit to advancing a bill until she was certain of a “consensus.”
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.22: Massachusetts Sports Betting Has Majority Support In Senate, Report Finds
- The mystery around why a bill that would legalize sports betting in Massachusetts cannot land a Senate hearing continues to grow.
- Atlanta Journal Constitution, 3.28.22: Effort Would Allow Vote On Gambling, Enable Sports Betting In Georgia
- Attempts to expand legalized gambling in Georgia reemerged Monday as a House panel approved legislation that would ask voters to allow “sports betting and other forms of betting and gambling.”
- Action Network, 3.28.22: Georgia Advances Sports Betting Ballot Question
- A last minute effort to legalize sports betting is alive in the Georgia statehouse.
- Sports Handle, 3.29.22: Georgia Legislators Make Last-Minute Sports Betting Legalization Push
- Georgia lawmakers, led by Rep. Ron Stephens, are pushing toward legalizing retail and online sports betting with one week remaining in the state’s legislative session.
- Daily Advertiser, 3.28.22: Louisiana Gets $2.1 Million In Taxes From Super Bowl, Other February Sports Bets
- More than 211 million sports bets were placed on mobile betting apps in Louisiana during February, a month that had numerous opportunities for wagers such as NBA basketball, the Winter Olympics and, of course, the Super Bowl.