iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 3.30.22: Sportradar Halts New Russian Investments Amid Continuing Ukraine Conflict
- Heading into Sportradar’s quarterly earnings call Wednesday, there was some concern among sports betting industry analysts that the global data provider might gloss over its business activities in Russia.
Overall Industry News:
- Play USA, 3.30.22: Metaverse Of Infinite Casinos, Sportsbooks, Questions Await In A Virtual Future
- This upcoming PlayUSA series will explore how the metaverse and gambling will come to define each other’s future.
- Sports Handle, 3.31.22: Exclusive Survey: 65% Of NCAA Tournament Bettors Wagered More Than Ever This Year
- Legal sports betting has never been more available in the U.S. than it is this year, and the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament never more heavily bet.
- Play NY, 3.31.22: Assemb. Pretlow: NY Online Sports Betting Expansion A Long Shot As Budget Deadline Nears
- Local policymakers could try to move the online sports betting expansion through during the post-budget session, which runs until June 2.
- Play MD, 3.30.22: How Will Maryland’s Mobile Sports Betting Launch Affect The D.C. Market?
- While the exact timeline is still unknown, the Maryland mobile sports betting market is expected to launch later this year.
- Action Network, 3.30.22: Kansas Sports Betting Heads to Conferencing after House Passage
- Despite stalling in committee yesterday without a vote, a bill to legalize online and retail betting in Kansas passed out of the House on Wednesday.
- KWCH, 3.30.22: Sports Betting Bill Lives On At Kansas Statehouse
- A day after the bill to legalize sports betting in Kansas was thought to be dead for the session after failing to pass out of committee, it passed the full House Wednesday with broad, bipartisan support.
- WCPO, 3.31.22: Sports Betting In Ohio: What Will It Look Like?
- Ohio is blazing its own trail with a free-market approach to sports betting that one expert calls “the best in the country.”
- WLKY, 3.31.22: Sports Wagering Bill In Kentucky Remains In Limbo, Not Dead Yet
- It’s a question of will they or won’t they, and right now, it all centers around whether Kentucky’s latest sports wagering bill still has legs in the General Assembly.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.31.22: Time Is Tight For Georgia Sports Betting Bill But Hope Remains
- Sports betting in Georgia has a pulse, but there is not much time left to pass the bill before the session ends next Monday.