Industry News of the Day for May 12, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 5.12.22: Playtech: AI-driven interventions are twenty times more effective on responsible gaming action
- Francesco Rodano, Chief Policy Officer at Playtech, talked to SBC Noticias about the impact of the company’s technology in developing responsible gaming actions in the newly regulated Latin American markets.
- SBC Americas, 5.12.22: AGA: Commercial gaming industry almost matches quarterly revenue record in Q1
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has published its Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker for the first quarter of 2022, reporting a new Q1 revenue total record of $14.31bn that also almost matches the all-time quarterly record.
- Forbes, 5.12.22: Women Are Signing Up For Mobile Sports Betting Apps At A Faster Rate Than Men
- Kara Endahl, a 28-year-old Manhattanite who works in the tech industry, started placing bets on sports games the first weekend New York launched its legal mobile wagering market in January.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.11.22: Minnesota House Ready To Pass Sports Betting Bill
- Maine is joining a group of more than 30 states that allow sports betting, but the first legal wagers may not happen until 2024.
- Sports Handle, 5.11.22: Colorado Problem Gambling Funding Clears Legislature, Draws Pointed Criticism
- Advocates say yearly approval required for program is problematic and leaves a bad taste
- Play USA, 5.11.22: North Carolina Mobile Sports Betting Bill Continues To Tread Water
- Although slow, movement continues in North Carolina, where state lawmakers continue to discuss a bill to legalize mobile sports betting.
- Play NY, 5.12.22: Madison Square Garden Benefiting Financially From NY Online Sports Betting
- Madison Square Garden is reaping the financial rewards of legal online sports betting in New York.
- Play Ohio, 5.12.22: Could Ohio State University’s Concerns Derail Collegiate Sports Betting In Ohio?
- Ohio legislators have spent much of 2022 working to launch sports betting ahead of a Jan. 1, 2023 deadline. Along the way, universities in the state have expressed concern about gambling‘s impact on collegiate sports.
- Play Indiana, 5.12.22: IN Sports Betting Generated Over $360 Million Of Bets During April
- Indiana gamblers racked up over $360 million worth of sports betting wagers in April. That was a small step back from March’s $476 million haul.
- SBC Americas, 5.12.22: Kansas Governor expected to sign sports betting bill this week
- The state of Kansas could legalize sports betting before the end of the week, as reports say that Governor Laura Kelly is preparing to sign Senate Bill 84 (SB84).
- Action Network, 5.11.22: Kansas Governor to Sign Sports Betting Bill Into Law
- Sports betting apps are officially coming to Kansas.