Industry News of the Day for May 21, 2020
iDEA Growth in the News:
- US Bets, 5.20.20 – Evolution Gaming, Golden Nugget Announce U.S. Strategic Partnership For ‘Live’ Online Casino (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- A pair of leading online gambling entities in the state of New Jersey are eyeing a potential U.S. expansion.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC News, 5.21.20 – Net Gains: How Sportradar Is Helping To Bring Tennis Back
- Sportradar is preparing to support more tournaments to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the tennis ecosystem, notably the Generali Austrian Pro Series starting on Monday 25 May.
- PlayColorado, 5.20.20 – bet365 Partners With Century Casinos To Bring Sports Betting App To Colorado
- The Colorado sports betting scene just reeled in another big fish with bet365.
- Online Poker Report, 5.21.20 – US iGaming Booms As Coronavirus Keeps Gamblers Away From Casinos
- As the realities of the coronavirus pandemic set in, most sharps in the gaming industry knew change was coming. Luckily, for states with legal online gambling, that change didn’t have to wait.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.21.20 – LSR Q+A: Phenix CMO Says Latency Costs Sportsbook Operators Billions In Handle
- The lack of low-latency streaming in sports betting causes billions in lost handle, according to Jed Corenthal of Phenix.
- Sports Handle, 5.20.20 – Coronavirus Charitable Outreach, Not Sports Betting, Main Focus Of Tiger-Phil II
- Event organizers take steps to minimize the role of sports gambling in favor of COVID-19 response.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.20.20 – Sounds Familiar: Supreme Court Rejects Leagues In NJ Sports Betting Case
- It looks more like major US sports leagues could owe some cash over their fight against NJ sports betting.
Sports League News:
- Fox Business, 5.20.20 – NASCAR Takes Sports Betting International With IMG Arena Deal
- NASCAR awarded an international sportsbook operator livestreaming rights for the first time in its history.
- PlayMichigan, 5.20.20 – Updates On When MLB, The NBA And More US Sports Leagues Will Be Back
- Since the COVID-19 pandemic halted the play of major sports leagues in the US, the question on a lot of people’s minds has been, “When will sports be back?”
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.20.20 – PA Gaming Review: Revenue Tumbles In April As Casinos, Horse Tracks Remain Shuttered
- Last week brought home the pain caused by the COVID-19 pandemic on Pennsylvania’s gaming economy.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.20.20 – Distancing, Masks, Sanitizer, No Poker: PGCB Lays Out Protocols For PA Casino Reopenings
- On May 20, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board released “COVID-19 Casino Reopening Protocols.” The 10-page document details the minimum safety and health-related requirements mandatory before reopening.
- Penn Bets, 5.20.20 – PA Casinos’ Future: Lots Of Masks And Sanitizer, But No Poker Or Valets
- When casinos reopen in Pennsylvania at a still-to-be-determined date, expect lots of masks, sanitary wipes, and plexiglass but no live poker or valet parking.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.21.20 – Coronavirus Makes Passage Of Massachusetts Sports-Betting Bill A Longshot (subscription paywall)
- Poised just months ago for a major expansion into sports betting, Massachusetts’ casino industry is now battling simply to stay afloat amid one of the worst coronavirus outbreaks in the country.
- PlayWV, 5.20.20 – Save The Date: WV Casinos Scheduled To Reopen With Enhanced Safety Measures
- On Monday, Gov. Jim Justice announced the newest initiatives on the West Virginia Strong – The Comeback plan. Week 5 of the plan begins next week on Tuesday, May 26.
- PlayMichigan, 5.20.20 – First Casino Reopening Coming Friday To Michigan’s Lower Peninsula
- Michigan casino reopenings are spreading to the Lower Peninsula.
- PlayIllinois, 5.20.20 – A Glance At When Illinois Casinos Could Potentially Reopen Their Doors
- The news that Missouri casinos will be opening their doors come June 1 has Illinois gambling enthusiasts wondering when the same will happen here.
- The Action Network, 5.20.20 – Colorado Sports Betting: Fox Bet Sportsbook Launches Tuesday
- It’s been a busy week for sportsbook operators. In the new Colorado market, Fox Bet launched its sportsbook Tuesday morning.
- US Bets, 5.20.20 – Montana’s Monopoly Mess Makes It No. 1 On List Of States Screwing Up Sports Betting
- This is the most blatant example seen yet in the American regulated betting business of how badly a state can screw up the seemingly straightforward task of legalizing and launching sports wagering.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 5.20.20 – Younger Gamblers Expected To Lead Charge Back To Las Vegas Casinos
- Younger gamblers aren’t known to be heavy spenders, but they could be the driving force behind the gaming industry’s recovery.