- Play USA, 5.20.22 – California Tribal Casinos Backed Off Online Betting Initiative But Retail Proposal Remains
- Voters in the Golden State will still decide the fate of that proposal this fall. It’s important to understand the difference between the “defunct” online proposal and the one that California tribal casinos will still push for in November.
- Play California, 5.20.22 – Opinion: California Tribes Playing Politics With Online Sports Betting Position
- In November, California voters will go to the polls and decide whether legal, regulated sports betting should be permitted within the state’s borders. The possibility of the nation’s largest — and most lucrative — sports gambling market hangs in the balance.
- SBC Americas, 5.23.22 – Betsson turns to Nuvei to power Colorado Betsafe sportsbook payments
- Betsson Group has secured a deal that sees Nuvei provide payment infrastructure for its online sportsbook in Colorado, Betsafe. Under the agreement terms, Nuvei will supply Betsson with its Instant Bank Transfer product to offer users instant withdrawals and deposits for Betsafe, its Colorado sportsbook.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.20.22 – Opinion: Welcome To Kansas, The New Las Vegas Of Sports Betting
- Things are about to get even more interesting, as Kansas’s legalization of sports betting is fortuitously timed. In an era where more than 30 states have legalized sports betting, it is weird to see regulated sports betting deserts, but there is a mobile betting desert surrounding Kansas on three sides.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.20.22 – Louisiana Sports Betting Dips Despite Local Final Four
- Louisiana sportsbooks took $208.3 million in bets during April, according to a Louisiana Gaming Control Board report released Monday. The figure is a 10.5% decrease from the $232.7 million wagered in March and a 12.6% dip from February’s record of $238.4 million.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.19.22 – Three Issues MA Sports Betting Conference Must Settle
- The appointment of Sens. Eric Lesser, Patrick O’Connor and Michael Rodrigues came Thursday after the Senate insisted on changes it made to H 3993. On Tuesday, the House chose not to concur with the changes made to the bill it passed to legalize Massachusetts sportsbooks last July.
- com, 5.22.22 – Online sports betting could be in NC by football season, legislative supporters say
- Sports bettors in North Carolina could be placing legal online wagers as early as this football season if state lawmakers pass a bill in the new legislative session.