Overall Industry News:
- Business Insider, 5.6.21 – Seeking nominations for top executives in US sports betting in 2021
- Insider is publishing its second list of power-player executives in US sports betting.
- WKSU Radio, 5.6.21 – Senate Sports Betting Bill Gives Authority to Casino Regulators
- The Ohio Senate has released its latest attempt to legalize sports betting in the state with a proposal that creates two types of licenses, both regulated by the Ohio Casino Control Commission.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer, 5.6.21 – Ohio would issue 40 sports betting licenses under Senate gaming bill
- After years of debate, Ohioans could soon get to bet on their favorite sports teams. Ohio senators on Thursday proposed offering 40 three-year sports betting licenses that would cost $1 million apiece.
- The Times Leader (AP Repost), 5.7.21 – Buckeye State making another play at legalizing sports betting
- The latest proposal for legalizing sports betting in Ohio calls for bringing it to casinos, betting shops, sports bars, computers, mobile phones and maybe even pro sports stadiums.
- Sports Handle, 5.6.21 – Details For Ohio Sports Betting Bill Released, Up To 40 Licenses Will Be Available
- If you ever wanted to run your own sportsbook, now might be the time to move to Ohio, as details of the sports betting bill to be dropped later Thursday were announced at a 10 a.m. press conference.
- iGB North America, 5.7.21 – Ohio bill would legalize sports betting
- A bill to legalize sports betting – allowing 20 land-based and 20 online licenses plus an offering from the lottery – has officially been introduced in the state of Ohio.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.6.21 – OHIO SPORTS BETTING BILL GETS CREATIVE BUT IS THAT A GOOD THING?
- No one will get a free ticket into the Ohio sports betting market if Senate sponsors get their way.
- Play Ohio, 5.6.21 – OHIO BETTING BILL AIMS TO INCLUDE EVERYONE, BUT PLEASES ALMOST NO ONE
- Ohio finally has sports betting legislation for 2021.
- Fox 10, 5.6.21 – Arizona Dbacks, Caesar’s Entertainment team up to bring mobile sports betting, sportsbook to downtown Phoenix
- Now that sports betting is legal here in Arizona, Caesar’s Entertainment wants in on the action. Caesar’s Entertainment is a big name in gaming and they’ve partnered with the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team.
- AZ Central, 5.6.21 – Diamondbacks, Caesars bringing mobile betting, sportsbook to Phoenix
- The Arizona Diamondbacks and Caesars Entertainment announced a partnership on Thursday to launch mobile sports betting in Arizona and build a sportsbook in the plaza adjacent to Chase Field.
- News 13, 5.6.21 – With legalized sports betting coming to Arizona, concerns about gambling addiction increase
- The ability to attend a sporting event, place a bet on a team and possibly return home a winner will soon be a reality in Arizona. So, too, could an uptick in gambling addiction, some worry.
- iGB North America, 5.6.21 – Caesars seals AZ market access with Diamondbacks deal
- Caesars Entertainment has struck a partnership with Major League Baseball franchise the Arizona Diamondbacks, that will allow the operator to roll out sports betting in the southwestern state.
- Sports Handle, 5.6.21 – Diamondbacks To Open Caesars Sportsbook Adjacent To Chase Field
- The Diamondbacks are the latest Arizona-based sports entity to team with a sports betting operator, announcing a partnership with Caesars Entertainment on Thursday that includes a retail sportsbook and bar adjacent to Chase Field with access to mobile sports wagering in the state.
- SBC Americas, 5.6.21 – Caesars links with Arizona Diamondbacks to launch sports betting at Chase Field
- Caesars Entertainment Inc will partner with the Arizona Diamondbacks to launch mobile sports betting in Arizona complete with a sportsbook and bar concept on the plaza adjacent to the team’s home, Chase Field.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.6.21 – STADIUM SPORTSBOOKS NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER IN ARIZONA SPORTS BETTING MARKET
- The major stadiums in downtown Phoenix both will have sportsbooks, as the Arizona sports betting landscape takes shape.
- com, 5.7.21 – Alabama’s plan for lottery, casinos, sports betting stalls
- An ambitious plan for a lottery, six new casinos and sports betting in Alabama stalled Thursday in the House of Representatives and the odds are stacked against it passing this session.
- TN Bets, 5.6.21 – Donald Trump Jr. Blasts Alabama Sports Betting, Casino Legislation
- Could the Trump family kill sports betting in Alabama? Maybe.
- Sports Handle, 5.6.21 – Will Sports Betting Operators Besides Hard Rock Be Able To Find A Way Into Florida?
- Under current version of new pact with Seminoles, Florida may become another monopoly state for sports betting
- NBC 4, 5.6.21 – Bill to Allow Betting on NJ College Sports Teams Advances
- Watching New Jersey’s legal sports betting market set national records last year, state lawmakers wanted to expand it to allow wagering on New Jersey college teams in time for the football and basketball championships.
- iGB North America, 5.6.21 – Oregon bounces back in April as revenue rockets 594.9% YoY
- The Oregon Lottery has reported a 594.9% year-on-year increase in sports betting revenue in April, while the US state’s handle also rocketed 475.0% to $25.3m.