iDEA Growth Member News:
- TheStreet, 5.7.20 – Activision Blizzard Leagues Launch Esports Betting Partnership With Sportradar
- Activision Blizzard’s Overwatch League and brand new Call of Duty League partner up with Sportradar to protect leagues from any betting-related corruption.
- CNBC, 5.7.20 – Need For Tax Revenue May Speed Up Sports Betting Legalization, Penn National Gaming CEO Says
- The economic consequences of the coronavirus could speed up the adoption of legalized sports betting, Penn National Gaming CEO Jay Snowden told CNBC on Thursday.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.7.20 – Sidelined Sports Bettors Pony Up In April To Boost US Horse Racing Market
- It looks like betting on US thoroughbred horse racing helped fill the gap for some sports bettors during the month of April, according to Equibase.
- PYMNTS, 5.8.20 – Deep Dive: How The COVID-19 Virus Is Impacting The Online Gambling Industry
- Online gambling or gaming may even make it through the pandemic with less financial damage than other industries.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.8.20 – Penn National Eyes Casino Reopenings, Release Of Barstool Betting App (subscription paywall)
- Penn National Gaming is preparing to reopen casinos on a limited basis by the end of the month, with several other states expecting to lift their closure orders in June, the company’s CEO said Thursday.
- Legal Sports Repot, 5.7.20 – How The NJ Sports Betting Lawsuit Should Play Out With The Supreme Court
- We learned Friday that in all likelihood, the New Jersey sports betting case would end its third journey to the Supreme Court two years and one day after it struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act.
- PlayNJ, 5.7.20 – New Jersey Gaming News: Real Sports Return, How AC Casinos Will Keep Us Safe
- New Jersey is still in lockdown, Atlantic City casinos are still closed and sports are still in hibernation.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.8.20 – Pennsylvania Online Casino Revenue Set To Spike In April (subscription paywall)
- Online gaming revenues in Pennsylvania in the first full month of stay-at-home orders are expected to surpass $40m, a top state gaming official said Thursday.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.7.20 – View: Closure Gives PA Casinos Time To Reimagine Safety, Guest Experience
- No one knows when Pennsylvania’s twelve brick-and-mortar casinos will reopen. In PA, reopening is determined by region by a color-coded three-phase schedule.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.7.20 – Putting The Cart Before The Horse? Pulling In The Reins On Plans To Reopen Racing In PA
- Lyndsay Kensinger, a spokesperson for Gov. Tom Wolf, this week threw cold water on the notion of racing restarting soon.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.7.20 – How Internet Gambling Got Done In Washington, D.C. (subscription paywall)
- Scientific Games chairman played pivotal role in historic 2011 memo that launched online gambling in the U.S.
- Hartford Courant, 5.7.20 – Virginia Sports Betting: Possible Sites And Apps, Projected Launch Date, FAQ
- SB 384 won’t officially be law until July 1, but we’re hopeful sports betting will be live in Virginia by the end of 2020 at the latest.
- PlayMichigan, 5.7.20 – Email: Michigan Governor Standing Firm Against Emergency Rules For iGaming, Online Sports Betting
- Despite growing pressure, an email Wednesday from the office of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer indicates she is not planning to use emergency rules to speed up the process for iGaming and online sports betting, PlayMichigan has learned.
- PlayMichigan, 5.7.20 – Detroit, State, Tribes Missing Out On Millions With Casinos Closed
- Each month, the Michigan Gaming Control Board issues a report. It includes how much Detroit’s three commercial casinos netted in revenue, including taxes paid to the state and city.
- Brainerd Dispatch, 5.7.20 – Bill Renews Debate Over Gambling Expansion
- A bill aimed at relieving financial strain on Minnesota horse racing tracks hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic has renewed debate over the expansion of gambling in the state.
- PlayIA, 5.8.20 – Iowa’s Online Sportsbooks May Take Action On Bundesliga Matches Very Soon
- Germany’s top flight of club soccer will resume later this month, and if you search the offerings at Iowa’s legal online sports betting apps, you should soon find Bundesliga betting markets.
- The Apopka Voice, 5.7.20 – Florida May Follow In New Jersey’s Footsteps With Online Betting
- The Seminole Tribe is currently in talks with state legislators to draft proposals on regulating mobile sports betting in the Sunshine State.
- Sports Handle, 5.8.20 – Colorado Regulators Still Tweaking Sports Wagering Rules, Offerings
- In Colorado, it is legal to bet on college sports, but the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission continues to tweak its rules and offerings to protect student-athletes.
- PlayColorado, 5.7.20 – Bundesliga Could Become ‘Das Held’ (The Hero) For Colorado’s Online Sportsbooks
- Germany’s government has given the green light to resume matches without spectators physically in attendance later this month to the top level of club soccer in the country. In response, Colorado’s legal online sportsbooks will likely rush to get Bundesliga betting markets live.
- EGR, 5.7.20 – Carousel Group Enters US With Colorado Betting License (subscription paywall)
- European Carousel Group has made its entry into the US betting fray with a license to operate an online and mobile sportsbook in Colorado.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.8.20 – Nevada Gaming Commission Approves Casino Reopening Guidelines (subscription paywall)
- Casino floors in Nevada will be limited to no more than 50 percent of their maximum occupancy capacity, space between slot machines must be increased and table games must have limited seating for players, according to reopening guidelines approved Thursday by state gaming regulators.
- Tulsa World, 5.8.20 – Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association Suspends Tribes That Signed Compacts With Gov. Stitt
- The Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association has suspended the membership of two tribes that signed controversial compacts with Gov. Kevin Stitt, it announced Thursday.